Pressure and Release

Pressure and Release

A Story by hrs
"

A day in life of us regular ppl

"
The alarm goes off....

It's hazy outside and blurry vision as my body comes into the present. My body is waking up. Few more minutes letting my body and mind return fully.

I roll over swinging my legs over the bed . I rub my face.

I wander into the kitchen to flip a light on and get the coffee pot going and fed the dog. To the bathroom, washing my face, beginning my normal routine.

Back in the kitchen, I start my breakfast and take the dog out.
A few minutes later and I have my uniform on and keys in hand, heading out the door.

The drive to work is a respite. I drink my coffee, and mentally prepare for the day ahead going over what will be expected of me. I'm preparing to step into interaction after interaction with co-workers, supervisors, customers from 9am- 8pm. Communication after communication, task after task, solve one problem after another.

Finally, it's time to go home.

The drive home is focused, trying not t close my eyes.

I get home at 11-12, 3 or 4 pink envelopes on my door mat and pink foyers stuck in my door from my landlord for rent.

My cell is full of my landlord, the ones shoved in the door.

"Mr. Lansing, we've had trouble getting in contact with you. Your rent is way over due and if you do not get back with us, we have to do what we have to do."

When I put the key in and open the door, my dog looks at me from the couch expectantly. I can release. Something welcomes me. The bag of groceries hangs heavily from my hand .

Italian food sizzling in the oven while I open and sip my beer, the dog happily eats its supper and lays studiously in case anymore food hits the floor.

I take the plastic a new movie and a new game. As I load it into the player, my half eaten plate and beer beside me and my dog laying on the floor contentedly sleeping.

It's a good night.

But we get all of like three of these before everything falls apart, spinning our wheels for nothing.

© 2020 hrs


Author's Note

hrs
Comments please, feed back,

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

26 Views
Added on August 10, 2020
Last Updated on August 10, 2020
Tags: Relax, downtime, perfect rest

Author

hrs
hrs

N/A



About
I like to write, i also like to read. I'm a notebook journal junky and write when ever and were ever my mind decides to through up its contense. Writing is as much an art form as any other kind of art.. more..

Writing
Fever continued Fever continued

A Chapter by hrs


Part 3 Part 3

A Chapter by hrs