A Lesson from trees in the wind

A Lesson from trees in the wind

A Poem by light and ashes
"

a simple poem, a hard lesson for life, my modest poem.

"
The branches of the trees are tossed back and forth by the persistent wind.

They are moved by winds of change,
as one season fades into another,

but they have strong roots.

© 2023 light and ashes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes my friend. We need deep roots to stand the cold days of life and Winter. The poem was amazing and thank you my friend for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 3 Months Ago


This is an entire metaphor, start to finish.. life and what it is, how it survives over time, over seasons, as long as it can. There is such a strong feeling of hope resulting in love and joy, warmth and shade.

Posted 3 Months Ago


light and ashes

3 Months Ago

Thank you.
A lovely poem of the change of seasons; winds spring into action and the leaves and branches fall, age...
trees fade just as we fade and age...so they do as well, but trees look forward to new , whereas humans
may fade forever.... nice metaphor...
Warmly, B

Posted 4 Months Ago


Everything flows especially the winds of change. Lovely read and write.

With love

Matthew


Posted 4 Months Ago


light and ashes

4 Months Ago

thank you, Matthew.
The only real change would be if things stayed the same... it would confuse most of the roots.

I like it when poetry makes me think of stupid s**t like that, well done... good lesson from you today.

Posted 4 Months Ago


light and ashes

4 Months Ago

Well, thank you..I think, lol.
take care.
Glad you enjoyed the poem.
Robert Frost defined poetry as "Poetry is a way of remembering what it would impoverish us to forget" I always try to remember that...all kidding aside there is a quality in which the substance of what poetry is "is" declared in a poem. It leaves a pearl of wisdom and creates a landscape between the poet and the reader...all that is left is the poem and you've solved that for us brilliantly with enough images that in length and depth you know I'll be watching the branches every season and thinking about this poem, so it is going to stick. What better measure is there for poetry?

Posted 4 Months Ago


light and ashes

4 Months Ago

Hey! Thank you for your review.
as we grow old, we change just like the trees in fall, summer, winter, spring...
we are born, we die, we have rebirth...and with strong roots, we survive into old age with still some of our colors left.
j.

Posted 4 Months Ago


So important to be grounded these days. We need strong roots to survive. Visually impactful words Light and Ashes. All the best.

Chris

Posted 4 Months Ago


light and ashes

4 Months Ago

thank you, Chris.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2023
Last Updated on December 22, 2023


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Biting Back Biting Back

A Poem by Bubo


Down South Down South

A Poem by KWP