Adding Music To Your Writing

Adding Music To Your Writing

A Story by angelinmypocket
"

A how to article, how to add music to your writing using your own music and codes

"

Adding Music To Your Poetry

If you have your own web space, you can upload  midi or WAV files from your own computer.

250 Free is a good free server. Space is limited, so you have to watch the capacity.

You can use any good web  server that you are free to choose. Midi files are free for the time you take to  download them to your computer. There are  numerous midi files on the web. Just do a  search. It will bring up dozens of search  engines. But the files you find have to be  saved to your computer.

   Find your midi files, save them to your  computer, then upload your choice files to your  web space...your server. Your music now has an  HTTP address. The URL. This would be part of the code  that you use to make your music work on your  pages.

It's a bit of a trick to find compressed WAV files. But they have to be compressed in order to work on your pages. I'll not go into that right now. I have my own method for transforming MP3 into compressed WAV.

I have an HTML code that I am willing to share.  It's really quite simple to use. I was lucky  enough to find it on the web.

<EMBED SRC="audio/12.wav" HIDDEN="TRUE"  AUTOSTART="TRUE" LOOP="true"></embed>                     

Copy the above code to a note pad document and save  it right on your desktop. Name it "Code Blank  For Music."  Now.....providing you have your  own midi files on your own web site.....your server...go to  your site...pick out the file you want to use.  Do a right click...click on properties. Copy  the URL and paste it into the HTML format  between the "       " where it says  audio/12.wav. Highlight this part and paste the  url for your midi into the space where it  is/was. Do not use the "audio/12.wav." You can  delete that part providing you keep the "         ".   and save it as, "whatever song you put  there." This is the way I do it. Save your  music codes to a folder and you can reuse them  time and again. It takes a bit of time and  work, but it's really all quite simple after  you figure it out...and worth the effort,  because you have your saved music code to  reuse.

Now...when you are ready to add your music to  your poem, copy the entire code, open "source" at  the top of your poetry editor...and paste  the code in at the very bottom. Then click on  "source" again.  Your music file will be saved to  your poetry.

This code format generates a hidden music  player. It will repeat. The music loops over  and over.

I hope this will help some of you who need a  way to put music with your poetry.

All this adds up to quite a bit of work...but  it's well worth it if you want to use your own  music on your web pages. I. myself have at  least a hundred midi files on my own server. In  addition to that, I also have WAV files, which  work better than the MP3 players that you can  save from the web. They sound just as  good...and they load faster.

© 2007 Elizabeth Durney

 

 

© 2009 angelinmypocket


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

liz, how very thoughtful of you to describe the process of
adding midi to poetry, the midi you added to this gem is classic,
jazzy, you are such an amazing, magnificent poetess, really wish
you would post something new, sad i havent seen any new work
from you here at writers cafe, hoipe all is well, take care, mike

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thank You so much for sharing this!! The music is just delightful!! Love it!!
Reminds me of a piano player in an old Saloon in the 1800s..so cool!

Hugs!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Thanks for sharing this is helpful! I will have to try it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I've learned something new today! This was very informative and I could follow it and make it work.....good writing....

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is just what a computer illiterate like me wants. I can do small tasks but when it comes to adding videos and music, I always get stuck. Your article is very easy to read and to understand. Now, let's see if I can make something out of it! If I can't, it would have nothing to do with you, indeed!!!

Thank you very much for thinking about people like me. Have always envied the people even on this forum who have their poetry in video format. Hope many people will see and apply this article of yours! Great idea!


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for sharing with everyone. Great article.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was so thoughtful for you to take the time and put together. I'm going to save it in my favorites for future reference! Your story really is useful and you did a fantastic job with writing it. Thank you!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

liz, how very thoughtful of you to describe the process of
adding midi to poetry, the midi you added to this gem is classic,
jazzy, you are such an amazing, magnificent poetess, really wish
you would post something new, sad i havent seen any new work
from you here at writers cafe, hoipe all is well, take care, mike

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is very interesting. Thanx for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

beauty you share my sis

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tapping foot and singing, "Put another nickel in - in the nickelodeon" What a great catchy tune that is. Thanks for the HTML formula you shared here, Liz. I have used that one in the past myself and it seems to work best. You are a sweetheart to share this with the readers. Lydia

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

582 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on August 10, 2009

Author

angelinmypocket
angelinmypocket

Whitewright, TX



About
Albert's Poetry Cafe http://www.writerscafe.org/groups/Albert%27s-Poetry-Cafe-%28correct-link%29/2736/ Albert's Poetry Cafe ~ 'BE MY VALENTINE!" (Keeping the Dream Alive!) with Helena February 1.. more..

Writing