The Non Linear Equations of Love

The Non Linear Equations of Love

A Story by Angies Bipolar World
"

Love is a maze. It's your responsibility to find your real way out.

"

“Ever heard of Fatal Attraction?” Gordon whispered into Summer’s ear, almost nibbling at her earlobe.

“Well I have developed one. For you” Gordon declared his love fearlessly to Summer without wanting to know her consent. Summer who totally loved what she just heard from Gordon was also sceptical about the future, not too sure now what lay ahead. Even though she knew that June was seeing Gordon and actually did not want to hurt June’s feelings but she could not hold herself back from loving Gordon. The guilt was killing her.

June lay asleep on Gordon’s left hand and Summer herself to his right in the flight that would take them to India. It made her feel as though she was destined to be the “Right” one for Gordon.

 

That was that a year ago.

 

Gordon lay on his bed besides the beautiful Summer. In her sleep, in the white crochet gown, she looked nothing less than some Persian princess. Her long black straight hair fell off the edges of the bed. She had the perfect curves in the world and in her sleep they made her look ethereal. Anyone who saw her at that very moment would surely fall in love with her for life long.

But then, what was holding Gordon back! Was he out of love or was he getting confused… all over again??

Gordon, June and Summer were the best of the buddies since their High School days. Since the first day, Gordon was tremendously attracted to June. Her beauty, her wit, her outgoing personality made Gordon fall for her. Everything about her, in fact, made Gordon want her all the more. June too had a secret crush on him. On Gordon’s 17th birthday, when he proposed his love to her, June was the happiest person on earth that day. Her joy knew no bound.

 

When the flight landed in India a year ago, it changed the love equations amongst the three forever. After they made out on the beach one night in Goa, Gordon and Summer felt some new found love in each other’s embrace. They made promises to keep, they watched the stars, they made sand castles and they talked and talked their hearts out. The night seemed never ending. The moon shone brightly by the silver sand and for some reason it added some element to their romance. Gordon was then sure Summer is the girl he had been waiting for all his life. June is his friend. Just his best friend.

 

Goddess Eris called out to God Eros “Ti échete gínei méchri….boroúme na échoume kápoia diaskédasi, Eros? ópou eínai Lóki ?”

 

(what have you been up to…. Can we have some fun, Eros? Where is Loki?)

Loki stormed into the hall.

Ákousa kápoion na me fonázei to ónomá mou….. O , esý, ómorfi Éris tis”.

(I heard someone calling my name… oh, it’s you, beautiful Eris)

 

Eris asked Loki to add some fun element to Gordon’s love story, once again, this time.

Xérete ti ennoó me ti diaskédasi , den that!” Eris smirked at Loki.

(you know what I mean by fun, don’t you!)

The next morning when Gordon woke up next to Summer, his mind was all preoccupied with June’s thoughts. He was ashamed of his thoughts. He tried hard but they finally got the better of him.

He ignored the beautiful Summer laying asleep in her white crochet gown. He went straight to his laptop, searched for June’s contact details on social networking website and made a plan.

“Gordon, this better be the last one.” He cried aloud to himself.

 

The coming days are definitely going to be exciting. Eris and Loki planned things well for the humans. Tyche and Euphrosyne however weren’t too impressed with Loki. How could they? They were good Goddesses. They thought that was really very mean to do something like that… just for fun. How could Gods find merry in human’s sorrow! They have to do something about this mess, they thought.

 

Down on earth, Gordon was already on his way to meet June. June was a war widow now. Her husband was in the US army and was killed 6 months back in Syria. She was married for only about 9 months now. She lived all by herself and was devoting all her time to writing. She was definitely, definitely lonely.

 Summer was least aware of the drift. She was so very much occupied with her work that she couldn’t even feel the change of heart or understand Gordon’s long lost love’s return.

Gordon went straight to June’s house. But there was a lock on the door. The watchman told him that she had gone to the midnight mass on Christmas eve. Gordon made a headway to the St. Thomas Cathedral. There amidst all unfamiliar faces he saw June, almost a year after. She looked flawlessly beautiful in her white dress. Her hair was all curled up with a hair pin. The carelessly falling off locks on her shoulders enhanced her perfect features, even more. She looked like some Greek Goddess. Gordon could hear his heart thudding in his ear. He wanted her. He wanted her badly. All the indecent thoughts of making love to her came back, rushing to him. He definitely won’t hold his emotions, tonight. He vowed.

Gordon went up to June. She was shocked to see him but was happy somewhere in her heart that he had finally returned. Gordon felt so sad for her for abandoning her without any reason. He was responsible for causing her all those miseries in her life. He would ask for her forgiveness and make up to her, he thought.

On their way back to June’s house, it started snowing heavily. By the time they reached home, they were very cold. June lit up the firewood and sat by the fireplace. Her hair was still so wet. The curls falling onto her shoulders, her red coloured fuller lips and her dreamy eyes…. were inviting the inevitable. Gordon could no longer hold his emotion. He held June’s waist and pulled her towards him. He kissed her. Again and again.... all over.

“I missed you June. I was missing this so very much. I can’t live without you. Oh…I was a fool. I made a mistake. What a mess I made!”

June was happy to have Gordon back. She loved him like never before. They slept in each other’s arms. That night Gordon slept like a baby.

After staying a couple of days at June’s place Gordon decided to go back to Summer and confess everything that had already happened. Summer was expectantly waiting for Gordon. It was already evening. When he arrived Summer ran up to him and kissed him.

“Baby, I am pregnant”

Gordon was speechless. What was he supposed to do? How will he tell anything to Summer? Will he ever go back to June? He was scared.

Gordon gathered much courage and confessed to Summer how much he was still in love with June and that he couldn’t be with her. He couldn’t have the baby. Summer was completely shattered. But she too loved Gordon. So she asked him “That night in Goa, when we made love, if you get to redo it all again, would you ever love me”

Gordon uttered not a single word. That’s how Gordon was and Summer knew it well. She understood his silence.

 

Next morning when Gordon woke up Summer was nowhere to be seen. A note lay on the dining table with Gordon’s favourite bunch of white roses.

“Sweetheart, I always thought I was the winner. I had you. But I was wrong. Had we not met in High School, had I not loved you since then, had we not fallen in love, for that moment, our lives would have been so different. You say you don’t love me anymore. This hurts. But I still love you. So I will choose your happiness over mine. I’ll let you go. I’ll let you be happy. But I shall keep our baby. I am a mother now. It’s a beautiful feeling. I am happy to have this baby. I cannot kill my baby. I won’t do it.

 

Wish you all the very best in all you do,

Love and hugs, always

Summer”

The phone rang thrice. Gordon was still not sure of all that had happened. That Summer had left him. He now had all the time in the world for June… He went to the phone to make her a call. There was a voice message.

“Hi Gordon. June here. Just wanted to say goodbye. Past few days were the best days of my life but they were also very irresponsible. You loved me and I loved you, but I forgot about Summer. She was my friend too. How can I get so mean? So I have to end this ... all. By the time you get this, I shall already be on the flight. Don’t know where I am going. But life would definitely get better somewhere. I know you love Summer. I’ll choose your happiness over mine. I’ll let you go.

 

I’ll love you always

June.”

Gordon was in a shock. Both these women loved him and both had abandoned him for his happiness. Now he had nothing. No love, no lover, no family. What a mess his life was in! He fell on the couch and went into a deep slumber. In his sleep he saw two beautiful ladies. They resembled Summer and June, somewhat. Gordon was unsure if he was dreaming or if he was already dead. The figures gestured him to a chest that lay beneath a tree. He opened the chest. There was a gold leaf and on it was inscribed “Will you like to redo all again?”

 

Gordon felt a jerk. The airhostess was announcing that they were about to land at Dabolim Airport. He turned his head and saw Summer to his right. June was still asleep on his shoulders. She was pretty….  so pretty.

 

“chaos and confusion is fun…. but not at the cost of human sorrow”

Tyche smiled at Euphrosyne and Eros.

 

Starring:

Hero---Gordon

Heroine1--- June

Heroine 2---Summer

Villain1---Eris, Goddess of chaos, strife, discord, rivalry, disorder.

Villain 2---Loki, God of mischief.

Saviour1�"Tyche, Goddess of luck.

Saviour2----Euphrosyne, Goddess of joy, merriment.

Saviour3---Eros, God of Love

 Thank you for watching.

© 2016 Angies Bipolar World


Author's Note

Angies Bipolar World
Please provide a review.
# experimental writing

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on June 22, 2016
Last Updated on June 22, 2016
Tags: love, affair, why do i keep falling in love..a, loki, tyche, eris, eros