Conscious Drops

Conscious Drops

A Story by Chris McAllister
"

A group of entities with lack of senses try to make sense of the world around them.

"
Somewhere beneath me was a solid floor I was planted on. The only thing I could feel. Other then that, my only way of sensing the world around me was a cacophony of thoughts and information, just like mine.
"What's happening?"
"Where am I?"
"What's going on?"
Try to imagine being in a full, loud theater before the movie starts, and every voice you hear is blind, deaf, and full of questions. They were all coming from entities that I couldn't see or identify. Hell, I didn't even know what I was. Some entities who had been around longer had more philosophical things to think.
"Am I here for a purpose?"
"What is the meaning of me being here?"
Sometimes the beings would slip and slide into each other, combining voices and thoughts completely. The world I was in was chaos. But just off the center of chaos, there was a bit of peace. He said nothing until the time presented himself. I could hear him over the jumble of confusion.
"We will not get satisfaction from answers," he said. A hushed silence filled the void. "But we will get satisfaction from less que-" and then the windshield wiper wiped us away to the pavement.

© 2015 Chris McAllister


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed the contrast of thoughts of the water droplets. It provoked thoughts of the different personalities the droplets could have - I could relate.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I probably should have made it more clear in the end that these are conscious water droplets on a windshield. I rushed through this a bit, so next time I will find a way to add more detail.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I must admit you kept me guessing throughout the whole poem.. What's going on? And at the end it was very unexpected and sudden, but I love the dismissal

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

169 Views
3 Reviews
Added on August 18, 2015
Last Updated on August 18, 2015
Tags: Conscious, philosophy, wise, windshield wiper