THE CONVERSATION

THE CONVERSATION

A Story by mark slade
"

SMALL TALK

"

 

                        

                               Bill laughed heartily. "You think you know everything, don't you?"

 

 

 

                          Jack lowered an eyebrow. "I know what's best for you,"  he said.

 

"You've been married to Karen for five years and never once gotten what you wanted out of the relationship."

 

 

                            Bill nodded. "I wanted kids. At least one. She didn't want to ruin her figure.I wanted to live on a farm in Iowa, she wanted me to keep making money in real estate here in New york."

 

 

                              Jack pointed a finger at Bill. "You know about her and Kyle. You knew about the office boy a few months ago. You knew about the money she took from the bank account  to pay off her brother's gambling debts."

 

 

                            Bill touched the revolver in his belt. "I guess we do it like we planned it."

 

 

                        Jack nodded. "Leave it on the table at the resteraunt when you two leave. Use the .45 in the glove compartment, shoot her twice in the head after she get's in the car.  Go back to the resteraunt to get your revolver, rush back in and say your wife has been killed by a mugger. It's going to work, my friend."

 

 

                             "Bill.....?"  Karen appeared in the doorway of their bedroom, with that look of disgust on her face. Bill was standing in front of the mirror, gazing at his own reflection, straightening and restraightening his tie.  "We're going to be late," she said venemously.

 

                               Bill touched the handle of his revolver that was hidden well by the length of his coat. "I'm ready, dear. More than ready."

 

                                Karen turned to exit the doorway, when she said, "Who were you talking to anyway?"

 

 

                             Bill smiled to himself. "No one in particular. No one at all."

© 2011 mark slade


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

sounds like what happened in Robert Blake's life.... gets stranger and stranger all the time.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Split personalities are always fun. I enjoyed this short piece quite a lot. I'd love to see you write a bit more about him.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 29, 2011
Last Updated on June 29, 2011

Author

mark slade
mark slade

williamsburg, VA



About
a writer of horror and dark fantasy http://bloodydreadful.blogspot.com/ more..

Writing
THE HIND THE HIND

A Story by mark slade