THE CAT'S PRIVATE EYE Pt 2: THE BLOND HANDJOB

THE CAT'S PRIVATE EYE Pt 2: THE BLOND HANDJOB

A Story by mark slade
"

WORKING FOR THE CAT, MR. LIM, JOHNNY ZERO IS ON HIS WAY TO COLLECT COLLETA BARE.

"



The address Mr. Lim had given me took me to a shady hotel located in the basement of a morgue. I was in the morgue and a cabinet opened. A man with skin the color of chalk asked if I was looking for COCO Lounge. I said I was and he pressed a button on a table beside the cabinets containing fresh bodies ready for their funerals. A door opened and my wheels rolled me inside a dark room. I had to roll down three side streets to get to the morgue. Funny how cab drivers will not pick up a floating head in a spirit cabinet.


There was a huge neon sign above a revolving door telling me where I was. A gorrilla doorman asked for the floor I was looking for. I said, “Third floor, number 24.”


He laughed, pulled a lever, “Going down!”


The floor underneath me caved in. I was falling, my head often coming out of spirit cabinet. Finally I landed in a hot bath house in a pile of towels. A fat hairy man stood naked before me.


“Do you mind putting me back in my cabinet, friend?” Begrudgingly, he placed me inside my cabinet and I was on my way after he gave me a push down that long hallway. As I sped by a line of doors, I kept track of the apt. numbers. At the end of the hallway was number 24.


“To hell with knocking,” I told myself and rammed the door. The door splintered into a thousand pieces.


On the sofa lay the blond with large rosy cheeks, pointing a cannon in my direction. It was Colleta Bare. She wore a low-cut green, sequined dress. Around her neck was a necklace attached to an eye.


“I knew Mr. Lim would send an errand boy over soon.” Colleta smiled the most malicious smile I'd ever seen.


“I don't know what your talking about, lady, I do a job for money...or in this case, cause I've been threatened. Not because I'm an errand boy.”


“If he pays you, in some form, you are his errand boy.”


“No...” I thought a moment. Damn it, she had me! “Yes. Alright! I'm here to bring you to him and don't give me anymore lip or I'll have to use force.”


“What in God's name could a floating head use as force when I'm holding a gun?”








I closed my eyes and concentrated. Spirits were awaken. They swarmed all around Colleta. She screamed as one spirit took the gun from her hands. They had her by the arms, as she swore revenge against me and those who opposed her.


Out of no where, a hand smacked me across the head. The spirits disappeared. I realized that hand wasn't attached to a body. A rogue agent of the body politic.


“Thank you, Calvin,” Colleta said to the hand.


“It was...my pleasure,” The hand wheezed, coughed.


She walked over to a window, opened it. In the black void I could hear the hustle and bustle of the street down below, wherever below was!


“Calvin, push the errand boy to the window. I will make sure he falls out!”


END OF PART 2


© 2012 mark slade


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am definitely wondering what is going on here, and where this story will end up. Again your tone is magnificent, engaging and just the right kind of confusing. This one seemed a little bit harder to follow than the first, in terms of when you discuss where he's going, where he is and how he got there. I would go back through and polish these things a little.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Another triumphant write. It has a well played sense of direction that hones me in and I am never going to tire of such superb development.

Posted 12 Years Ago


great write

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 10, 2012
Last Updated on March 10, 2012
Tags: HORROR, SURREALISM, FANTASY, HUMOR

Author

mark slade
mark slade

williamsburg, VA



About
a writer of horror and dark fantasy http://bloodydreadful.blogspot.com/ more..

Writing
THE HIND THE HIND

A Story by mark slade



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Is It Love? Is It Love?

A Poem by Alpris