THE CAT'S PRIVATE EYE PART 5: A PARAGRAPH ABOUT A DEAD HAND

THE CAT'S PRIVATE EYE PART 5: A PARAGRAPH ABOUT A DEAD HAND

A Story by mark slade
"

JOHNNY ZERO, A FLOATING HEAD IN A SPIRIT CABINET and a private investigator.

"


I'd just recovered my spirit cabinet at a disco thanks to a redheaded Siamese twin and removed my head from the body I had been apart of for last two days. It felt right being inside my spirit cabinet. Just as I was getting comfortable being a floating head inside my cabinet, I saw Coletta Bare sitting at a table across the room. Now was the time not to let her get the edge on me nor Calvin the hand without a body that was her assistant the brother of Roberte another hand without a body. I summoned all of my spirits and sent them to the table. Coletta was bound by the spirits in a trance levitated in a thought bubble. Just then a knife whizzed by my head and stuck firmly into a post in the disco. A gun shot rang out and I saw Calvin lying on the table bleeding from a wound in the palm below his digits. Smoke from the barrel of a gun held by Roberte.

“Life's a b***h” Roberte said. “Then you die.”

With that statement, I called upon the spirit world to transport Roberte, coletta, and I back to the real world to see Mr. Lim.


END OF PART 5


© 2012 mark slade


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter was a bit more abrupt, and I did get a feeling it was a bit less polished. Some run-ons made it a bit difficult to follow. Of course, given the consistent surreality of this piece perhaps that is intentional. In any case, entertaining as always!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Short but still a exquisite piece. I am really taken by your world of imagination.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wonderful short storie ...... i loved it great job thanks for sharing this with me

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2012
Last Updated on March 13, 2012

Author

mark slade
mark slade

williamsburg, VA



About
a writer of horror and dark fantasy http://bloodydreadful.blogspot.com/ more..

Writing
THE HIND THE HIND

A Story by mark slade