Psychic writing- Family (2)

Psychic writing- Family (2)

A Story by mi-chan
"

second ch. to my psychic freewriting ^^

"

Our safe-away was nothing more than an abandoned cabin surrounded by the shrouds of the wood located a half mile away from a dirt road. This only shred of humanity within a good two mile radius led to what some would call a close-knit hick town, where everyone knew everyone and the closest thing to luxury was a muddied up pick-up truck. Though we had an unusually lengthy jog to the nearest convenient store, we were hidden and we were safe. That was all that mattered.

 

Dodging underneath the gossamer of a rather perturbed spider, the hideout that I called Home came into view. Oak leaves ran across the uplifting roof as stringing vines crawled along the iron-clad railing and up onto the tattered gutters. A lone swing-set stood aloof off to the side, rusted to a standstill in the end of its journey. A ladder rest precariously along the side of the roof, showcasing an attempt at mending the atrocity but proving the case to be among those of improbable. Following the line of moss coated stones, we stepped carefully onto the aged porch. One misstep could lead to another hole in the decrepit floor, and to another job that most likely wouldn’t be completed. Hanging in the corner, using the wind as its modem, a poorly crafted wind-chime sang to the melody of its brethren. A sad substitute, but a lovely one at most, since the ones who managed to put such a pleasant sound into existence were the ones most dear to me. I smiled at hearing its harmony.

 

Turning towards the eroding door, I traced my finger along the inscribed decoration and followed it into its familiar swirly pattern. Acting as the flow of water, it waved back and forth until emptying out into the endless pool beyond.

 

Awakening from the temporary trance I had been sucked into, I turned the golden-flaked knob and entered the room.

 

“You finally got back!” Jess chirped as she pulled me into one of her famous warm hugs. Her soft auburn hair brushed against me and I caught the scent of her new citrus shampoo. Though intoxicating, I didn’t wish to suffocate, so I pulled back from her embrace.

 

“Took you long enough! What were you doing? Making out with Cy?”

 

I swiveled my gaze over to Micea, the rather large muscular man with the copper tinted 80’s hairdo. Giving him a glare in reply, he merely chuckled as Cyrus came in behind me and sat down in one of the moth-eaten chairs.

 

“So what’s this fool-proof plan of yours to breach the School’s security system?” I asked the two. It was difficult enough to escape such a guarded area, and most likely near impossible to infiltrate. If there was a way to control their cameras and alarms, it would help make that step from impossible to improbable.

 

“Actually, it’s pretty ingenious.”

 

Entering the room with his electric vibe was Scipio, spiked blond hair and all. He was the electronic geek of our family. If you ever needed tech support, he was the one to call.

 

“Yeah, it was really Scip who figured everything out,” Micea commented, moving over to the lop-sided couch.

 

“It really wasn’t that hard after you decrypted the algorithms,” he said, sitting next to Micea. Everyone sighed (but Cyrus) in mental confusion.

 

As I walked towards my little wooden chair at the front, I realized someone was missing.

 

“Where’s Rayn-“

 

Suddenly the sleek figure of our final member popped into the center of the room. With his black hair, dark eyes, and mischievous personality, there was no doubt that in his past life Rayne was a cat.

 

“Yo! I was just prowling around the market since they were having a sale. What’s the meeting for?”

 

I chuckled in response as Scipio began to give one of his complicated  mathematical explanations. This was my family- not by blood, but by bond. We suffered together, escaped together, and were scheming together to get revenge on the ones who hurt us all. Though humans, we were the furthest from what some call normal, and took pride in our unique talents. We were not freaks, but a family of psychics.

© 2011 mi-chan


Author's Note

mi-chan
mmm, not the best ch, but the next will be better ^^ any suggestions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
Added on May 31, 2011
Last Updated on May 31, 2011

Author

mi-chan
mi-chan

Skiptopia, the voices won't reach me there..., FL



About
I like writing, reading, anime, manga, japan, yaoi, jmusic (not listing all the genres), drawing, volleyball, and many other things. I've been playing the piano for about 10, maybe 11 years now and ha.. more..

Writing