An Unconventional Love

An Unconventional Love

A Poem by Signet

I love you, but I’m not your possession,

Nor you are mine.

My love is untamed, wild and pure.

I don’t seek your attention,

Just want you to know that I’m there.

My soul is free, free to love, free to care,

So is your heart.

I don’t seek commitment,

I don’t want to be a burden,

Commitments end in heartbreak,

But never true love.

I don’t seek affection,

Because, I don’t own your heart,

I don’t even want to.

Just want you to be the person you are,

The energy of love flows,

I don’t try to tame it,

My feelings, I can’t hide.

I’ve fallen in love many times,

I guess you’ve too,

So, there’s no need to hide,

What you feel inside.

 

© 2009 Signet


Author's Note

Signet
I wrote it lately... I've not yet edited it, so, I'd like you all to suggest the changes. (I'm not too good in editing stuff.) Please, be honest!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

you are way more than a 15 years old when it comes to poetry...
the write nicely touches almost all the corners or love, committment and what follows these two. as a write it is beautiful..however this feeling a bit too good to be true... but no denying that there are people who can actually feel this way..maybe you are one of them..i dont know...


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

you are way more than a 15 years old when it comes to poetry...
the write nicely touches almost all the corners or love, committment and what follows these two. as a write it is beautiful..however this feeling a bit too good to be true... but no denying that there are people who can actually feel this way..maybe you are one of them..i dont know...


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the lines commitments end in heartbreak never true love.
tell me something though, is this what you really want?? because it takes alot to want that kind of love.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome, as usual. I think you should break it into maybe 3 - 4 stanzas. For example, "the energy of love flows' and onwards should be a different stanza, in my opinion.

"Nor you are mine" should be 'are you'...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
I love that you wrote this, I have attempted to but could never quite get the words right, this is well written and I enjoyed reading it very much. well done :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very nice piece of poetry right here.
I agree with what the people who have commented below me have said -- it feels really real and I like how its about love, but not the typical "I give you my heart, be careful with it" sort of love. It seems to me like its more of just...a strong love based only on being in love with the other person's personality, not their body. Hence the part about not needing commitment or affection.

Overall, I love this.

As for suggestions, I would suggest evening out the syllables in each line a bit more. Parts of it seem a bit choppy.

I think you could benefit from adding a bit of a rhyme in the beginning too, since the piece closes with a rhyme. Maybe something like:
I love you, I do,
but I'm not your possession.
And neither are you mine.

I don't know, just my opinion. But of course, this is quite amazing as it is already. ^^
Keep up the excellent work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Thank you for entering this in, "Be Experimental," I love that you take, "love," and turn the concept on it's head. I also love how the speaker isn't really talking to, but more talking at the other person in this relationship. That really makes it feel real, because a lot of the time in a relationship the communication can be one sided.

Great read overall!

AHouseOfChambers

Posted 14 Years Ago


I don't see much to edit, really. Grammar wise I think it's pretty good, and I like the repetitiveness of it, it really gets your point across. It's definitely another way of looking at love, I think- great work!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

565 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 7, 2009
Last Updated on September 9, 2009

Author

Signet
Signet

India



About
' World speaks to me in colours, I answer back in music.' - Rabindranath Tagore I'm just a girl with words to share, a story to weave and a tale to tell. I'm Ankita, a sixteen year old from India. .. more..

Writing
Away Away

A Poem by Signet


Pieces Of Me Pieces Of Me

A Poem by Signet