SLAP OF THE GOD

SLAP OF THE GOD

A Story by Ankur Gupta

It seems that our life is full of surprises and lessons, learnt when they are most unexpected and taught by one from which it was least expected.

 

One day, after having a hectic schedule and rather a bad day at office, I returned home slightly tired and more upset. Knocked the door and my wife opened it. She might have understood from the look of my face about my mental stage and chose to keep quiet and stayed away from me.

 

As usual, I called my one and half year old son’s name, he came out of our room, looked at me and then suddenly turned his face away from me and went back to the room. It was an unexpected reaction from him. He usually came to me, hugged and kissed me, but this was unpleasant reaction from him.

 

I again called out his name and tried to reach him and before I could do so he started running away from me. I took it as a child’s game and started running behind him and caught him.

 

I asked him to give me a kiss, he look into my eyes for a second and PAT! A tight slap on my cheek and before I could understand, he delivered one more with his all might. He looked in my eyes for some time and said something in his alienated, but sweet, language.

 

Look of his eyes is trying to tell “dad, how bad your day might be, but, please keep all your worries away from home. Whenever you are at home, be relaxed and play with me. Since morning, we all waited for you and you came in with a scary look. How can you expect us to be the same, when you have changed?”

 

And after some time, he hugged me tightly and kissed me and gave me a mesmerizing smile.

 

For those few minutes, I was totally stunned and was not in a position to say or react. Only thing I could do that I hugged him back and placed a gentle kiss on this cheek.

 

 That day, I felt that this was almighty’s way to make me realize the importance of my life and also, made me understand that my professional life is affecting my personal one and I promised to myself that I will definitely strike a balance between Professional and personal life and will not let one affecting other.

 

Today, I am still trying to do the same and also succeeding towards it and I always make sure that I spend valuable time with my family.

 

Whenever I am not able to, my son is always there to make me realize it with his Slap of the GOD.

 

© 2013 Ankur Gupta


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on June 4, 2013
Last Updated on June 4, 2013
Tags: Child, God, Family, Life Incident, Health

Author