Lost Love

Lost Love

A Poem by Antony Nazimaki

As each day passes,                                                                       As each sun sets,                                                                                                  As each moon raises,                                                                                            I think of you and only you                                                                                    My one true love.                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Then I remember you are no longer here,                                                                And as I do my heart collapses.                                                                                                                    And what fills my heart is sorrow.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   I remember the days we shared,                                                                                                                   The kisses we had,                                                                                                                                     The hugs that would entrance me,                                                                                                               And your hand hand laced into mine.              As I held on tight hoping that                                                                                                                      This moment will last.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    But of all of them                                                                                                                                        The one that pains me the most                                                                                                                   Is the memory of your kind happiness and your gentle eyes.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Your eyes that were always                                                                                                                          So filled with joy and wonder.                                                                                                                       What you would fill in my heart,                                                                                                                  In each waking moment.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              But now you are gone.                                                                                                                                 Into a world I cannot come into reach,                                                                                                         Even if I tried                                                                                                                                            I would be too far away.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              So I wander as a lost soul,                                                                                                                            Eyes filled with tears as I remember of you.                                                                                                    As I remember of the boy I truly loved,                                                                                                           And the one I will only love.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       I will never be truly joyful once again,                                                                                                           I will never be able to move on.                                                                                                                   Never to be able to forget,                                                                                                                         Of the love we shared.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               The one and only thing that keeps me strong,                                                                                                Is the thought of your love.                                                                                                                         The thought that from way above,                                                                                                                You are watching.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     But what I want you to know,                                                                                                                       My dear true love.                                                                                                                                     Is that I will never forget of you,                                                                                                                   And I will always love you.                                                                                                                            And only you.

© 2014 Antony Nazimaki


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on April 12, 2014
Last Updated on April 12, 2014

Author

Antony Nazimaki
Antony Nazimaki

miami, FL



About
I live in Miami and I'm quite shy. Writing is the only way i can show may self into the world without being so shy. I have two dogs and I love history, reading dramas and action novels, learning about.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Antony Nazimaki