Vega Kamen

Vega Kamen

A Story by Anna Kuhlmann
"

17 August 2014

"

She is the child of the most troubling, unknown concepts of the universe.  In an infinite, catastrophic realm that is contained by standards of the automatons that do not live, but merely exist in it, she is the moon, a point of guidance with a variety of phases.  Society names her hypocrite, for they always see her different versions, but she continues her orbit unobjectified, unafraid.  She owes nothing to the world, not a single explanation, but she gives anyway, radiating intellectual charm nurtured by her atmosphere.  The universe with her is empowered, for it uses her to be an enigma.  Because of her education, she is the knowledge that she acquires.

            An educated woman knows no compromise.  She will not lower her convictions to fit a misogynistic society, and her accommodations are galaxies away.  Her worth is not found in the attention she receives for her beauty, nor is her worth found in the attention she receives from diverting herself from these standards.  “The moral nature of man is the predominant element”, but sexualizing women is not only moral, but instinctual, and this is justified by a predisposition that a woman should owe her body to a man (Emerson).  An educated woman will not be raped with her self respect.  Instead, she is promiscuous with her thoughts.  Asexuality be her protest, and knowledge be her weapon.  She is “ingenious, useful, elegant, witty, prophet, diviner�"society has need for all of these (Emerson).  The way the moon and the tides are always in tune, her “minds are trained alike, and made intelligible” (Emerson).  She will continue her endeavors even if she stands alone.

            She elevates.  A sort of mind, free, lofty, that puts her in a state beyond the reach of doubt, diminishes the limits of height.  As she looks back, she laughs in the face of consistency.  Consistency fears her.  Unreliable, ever changing, contradicting is she, yet beautiful, charming, deceptive, she is careful not to get too close, for she knows she may be addicting.  Impulsive living is her means of existence, and for this she is dangerous to society, but not self-destructive.  The only way to destroy her is with her own strengths, but she will never stop chasing knowledge, powered by inspiration and pushed with motivation.  She hears all but listens to none, and for this she will never be caught.  Easily misleading, she appears afraid because she leaves, but she pays no mind to the misunderstanding.  With everything she learns a new facet is added to her phases, and her soul is great with doing what can only be imagined.

            She used what she is not to become what she is.  She saw higher thinking; she desired higher thinking, so she became higher thinking until she was able to obtain higher thinking.  Her mind is a work of art, for she spent exorbitant hours with her divine artist shaping her intelligence, coloring her with passion, every function carefully articulated.  She has a level of graceful energy that her peers have to look higher than themselves to absorb, and she uses the energy radiated from them to allow herself to grow.  “Every landscape I behold, every friend I meet, every act I perform, every pain I suffer leaves me a different being”, and she grows in all she does, her every endeavor leaving an impression, her every step leaving a footprint on the surface of her moon.  

She transcends.  All that lies within herself and all that she acquires is not her every dimension.  She knows that if she reaches for comfort she will find none, for there is no rest for the wicked, so she reaches beyond comfort, until a comfort is no longer an atmosphere; it is merely a zone within the atmosphere, which she left this zone long ago.  “She extends the power of her mind not only over every cubic atom of her Native planet, but she reports the condition of millions of worlds which her eyes never saw” (Emerson).  Extending herself beyond acceptance of no solutions and unanswerable questions allows her to gain perspective.  She perceives feelings her mind never created, and emotions her heart never cried.  She is infinite and unmaintainable.  

Education to her touches places within her that burn her existence.  Her soul is engulfed with flames of desire and for this she may be risking her life, but she is unafraid to be killed by what she loves. However, the education system brings her back down to Earth, after all, fire is dangerous.  These limits emerge from her like acid, this time the burns crumble her insides.  The system wears her away with their labels. She is feminist.  She is wild.  She is unapproachable.  Temporarily set back, she will catch up to her orbit undefined.  Absolutely and uninhibitedly herself, she understands meanings instead of memorizing them.  She transforms free-thinking to be appealing, persuading everyone she encounters.  She makes a game of testing herself instead of regurgitating information forced by the system.  This way, she has victoriously beaten the system while earning the grades she needs, using rebellion to amplify herself and not be her downfall.  It may not be possible to set flames to the moon, but with education all things are possible.

She acquires to be, not to have.  Aspiring from inspiration, she will rise into the remembering with the great ones before her.  Everyone will remember her art�"infinitely and entirely.  She will leave this jaded world knowing that she forever effected the rut society has created.  She broke the cycle before it broke her, which is a victory in itself.  She loved knowledge and it loved her back, for they depended on each other for development and transcendence.  When she leaves this temporary realm, the Earth will be jealous of the heavens because without her definition of education, there is no magic in gridlock.

           

© 2015 Anna Kuhlmann


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on November 11, 2015
Last Updated on November 11, 2015

Author

Anna Kuhlmann
Anna Kuhlmann

Denham Springs, LA



About
This most of all: ask yourself in the most silent hour of your night: must I write? more..

Writing