Hate and Love

Hate and Love

A Poem by annamaezinn

You wanna know why I hate?

Go out and see my friend that lies buried beneath the surface of my skin.

 

Ask the ruler of my dark earth where he was when God wouldn’t let me touch the hems of his skirt.

 

Anger and hate don’t come free. A closed off room and wish wished briefly with a kind of despondency you and I can’t see…

 

What you feared most was standing right below you when you were strung so sideways from the roots of my casualties.

 

What you wish you’d see is so much deeper than me in the depths of the darkness of your untouchable feats.

 

So stop.

Stop fighting the only things you will get from hate.

 

A whole bunch of grief wrapped up in the heat that comes from the hell beneath these streets.

That’s why I hate.

 

You wanna know why I love?

Go out and listen to the sounds of verses that no longer echo from the mountaintops.

 

Ask the God of my promised land where he was when I found the veins in my wrists so damn tempting.

 

Freedom in love comes with a price. An open market and closed eyes with a deep deep sigh and then you realize…

 

What you wanted was standing right above you when you hung upside down from the branches of my tree of life.

 

What you think you’ll find is further behind than the memories that already left your mind.

 

So stop.

Stop searching for what love is already willing to give you.

 

A warm simple life without the strife of a previously dulled and bloodied knife.

That’s why I love.

© 2010 annamaezinn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on November 26, 2010
Last Updated on November 26, 2010

Author

annamaezinn
annamaezinn

Prineville, OR



About
I do work. more..

Writing
Start Start

A Poem by annamaezinn


Momma Momma

A Poem by annamaezinn