A Short Story About Our Most Prized Possession

A Short Story About Our Most Prized Possession

A Story by Anneke Weg
"

This is a short story that leaves you to draw your own conclusions whether or not the internet is a life saver or a zombie maker.

"

There is this thing that can connect someone in Alaska to a small town in India in seconds. Children use it, teachers and students use it, and even the oldest generation alive at the moment is trying to figure it out. It is invisible. It is fast. It is a vast array of knowledge of both good and evil. It is its own community. And today, we would be lost without it. It’s called the internet.


Much of our lives are wrapped up in the internet and depend heavily on it. Some think this is a good thing because we are being so innovative, others see a world that is changing into robots. I will refrain from stating my opinion since I am typing this now hoping the internet doesn’t crash, and I don’t want to be called a hypocrite for saying the internet is bad. Although I love a good Netflix binge session, I still enjoy talking to people in person and interacting with other humans without the means of electronic screens.


Is the internet corrupt? Is it slowly imploding on itself? Is it slowing imploding on the world itself? Does it, or will it, bring shame to the creators name?


Or, is the internet a helpful tool? Does it make life easier? Is it something that can continually improve our lives?


It boils down to two opinions. It the internet good or bad, you decide. But mind you, what the other groups has to say is completely true as well.

© 2018 Anneke Weg


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on January 11, 2018
Last Updated on January 11, 2018

Author

Anneke Weg
Anneke Weg

Worthington, MN



About
I am a high school senior who has joined this website for a class; however, I do hope to gain something from it. I enjoy reading stories and want to become a better writer. more..

Writing