The Circle

The Circle

A Story by nadine
"

This was a dream I had....

"

"Look around, soak up your surroundings. Learn the faces you see around you. You are all part of The Circle. Being part of The Circle means you must stay in this building at all times. No one is to leave or attempt to leave the building at any time, and those who do will suffer the consequences"
The air conditioning is on high but I'm sweating profusely. A tall slender woman who looks like Lara Croft's not-as-attractive-sister is pacing up and down infront of a large group of which I'm part of. She is incharge, the boss.  Too scared to move a muscle, I attempt to discreetly use my peripheral vision. The room is dark and lit with blue and purple lights. I feel as though I'm being held captive in a room from Halo. There are four security guards dressed in army uniforms holding large guns infront of their chests. They are expressionless like wax models and I'm tempted to go on knock on one of their foreheads. Having being lost in my thoughts about doing this I suddenly find everyone making their way out of the room. I walk between the people not wanting to be an easy target for any possible danger. The corridors are even darker, quieter and more tense. No one dares look at each other. Suddenly the floor shakes following two deafening explosions. Panic arises and everyone runs off. I'm left alone near a glass door that leads to the outside. I press my face up to the glass and look around outside for guards. I look up and see a  helicopter spraying some kind of liquid at the top of building, where the explosions had occured. 'Ahh, they're putting out the fire' I idiotically think to myself. As this thought crawls through my mind I see the flames grow "Gasoline!" I whisper to myself in shock. 'They're going to force us to stay in the building while it's burning!' Fearing for my life I push the door open. The boss appears out of a dark corner, "HEY! GET BACK HERE!" she screams after me. I close the door and run through the dark building trying to escape from the boss. Her shouts get quieter as my panting gets louder and faster. I come to a dead end. I look around frantically trying to find a way out. In frustration I kick the wall and to my surprise my leg falls through. Viciously I attack the wall making a  hole big enough to crawl through. I see the boss near me and leap through the wall . She pounces after me managing to grab my ankle. I kick at her through the hole in the wall. Her nails pierce my skin through my jeans. I scream giving one last kick in her face. She yelps letting go of my leg to hold her bruised and bleeding nose. Rushing to get away from her I stand up and run. I see a door that leads to the outside. It's mine for the taking. Nothing can stop me now. Eye of the Tiger plays loudly as I'm running for the door. I stop, the music stops. I see a large muscular shadow standing front of the door. In his hand, a gun. 

*I woke up at this point*.....

© 2008 nadine


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

An interesting dream! Sometimes, dreams offer the best inspiration for writing stories. There have been dreams that I have had that have stuck with me, because they were so impactful that I could not forget the events of the dreamscape. Some of those dreams I have incorporated into stories, some of them I have yet to find a place for them, but they will find a home sooner or later.
I like your description, especially of the surroundings. But the best part of this is the first paragraph. You set the mood right away, catching the reader and drawing him in with this sense of danger and foreboding. And even though this was a dream in which nothing happened past the man with the gun that was blocking the path, it leaves a good cliffhanger, leaving the reader to want more.
It would be great if you were to turn this into an actual story, and continue the events past the man with the gun. Good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 10, 2008

Author

nadine
nadine

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
I don't write to be good, to inspire or be admired. I write because i like it. My 'work'...if you can call it that...is a mixture of everything..serious or not...make up your own mind on that matter,.. more..

Writing
nuh nuh

A Poem by nadine


escape artist escape artist

A Poem by nadine


Dream Summer Dream Summer

A Poem by nadine