Honesty cried out in the street

Honesty cried out in the street

A Poem by Ashlynn Paige
"

“In the garden of conversation, Necessity and Normalcy flourish while Honesty fades.” -Ashlynn Paige

"

Honesty cried out in the street “I’m lost! I’m lost! Help me, I’m lost!”

But not a sound was heard. Because other cries came first.

“I’m wonderful!” “How are you?” “Hello” “Thank you” “It’s nice to meet you!” “Goodbye”

Why? Because these things needed to be said.

“Help! I’m lost!” Could wait for another day, another encounter, another breath.

It did not need to be said.

It could be shouted and screamed and wept in the isolation of a dark room were no mirrors could lay witness to the truth behind every word spoken in Formality, where no ears could hear the brittle voice that was named Honesty but banished by Necessity.

Honesty longed for release, for gentle earth to plant it’s garden in, for blissful sunlight to shatter the confines of the dark crypt it had been encased in for the sake of Necessity, Normalcy, Life.

But as quickly as it sprung to lay claim to this earth, to the rain drops of Conversation and the light of Expression, is was fallen, numbed. Dorment.

Encased once more in its tomb of Convenience, Safety, Loneliness, it slept.

Another time.

© 2017 Ashlynn Paige


Author's Note

Ashlynn Paige
Hello all, just throwing out some writing that has hijacked my mind for a while now.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on February 24, 2017
Last Updated on February 24, 2017

Author