Voice Never Dies...

Voice Never Dies...

A Story by steve
"

a story of what happens when opioion is tampered with...

"

Unlike everything else, this started with light, and like a flower reaching for the sky, it bloomed.  Some heard it, some thought they seen it, but all felt it!  Some not even knowing what it was they felt...

     In the beginning alot of folks where scared of it, tried to suppress it, stamp it out, crush it.  They wanted to demolish, extinguish, force down and obliterate concept and convictions.  That thought may apply to a mental image or formulate something seen, known or imagined, more broadly... to any thought, of what a thing ought to be, wish to be or can be, alarmed and daunted those who would suppress the light of the flower.

     Sometimes the light had to lay low, but even in those times it seemed that... that was when it grew... to be it's strongest!  That was when it found those hearts that were teetering in indecision or didn't know that there were others with the same light that they had... and ohhh what a feeling to know that there are others that share in thoughts or relate to your feelings.

     The more that know, the more that share in the anticipation, in the celebration of consideration, when those seemingly in power realize that the power is really in the light, that is when compassion and conjecture turns into expectation, theory and then purpose!

     You see that light is voice!

     Let those that censor beware that voice doesn't need approval, expression is articulate, distinct, sometimes eloquent in it's assertion.  NO! When the light of the flower, which is voice... declares itself, it will not die!  It will spring up in another place, it might whisper quietly, but it will be stronger this time!  When it starts to talk, it talks with reason.  It debates, and demonstrates.  It establishes and justifies and shows the error of bad ways, it's own, (which makes it's voice so strong), and the ways of those that have to make the change occur...of they cannot stay in that position. Voice will not let them!

    Just remember that 'Voice Never Dies...'

Just another story by Steve Harris...thanks for listening!

© 2008 steve


Author's Note

steve
comments welcome...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The beginning was great because it grabbed me the very second I was done with the first paragraph. I immediately wanted to know what that light was that so many people seemed to react so fearfully to. Was it a nuclear bomb explosion? An exploding star? The gates of Heaven opening up to swallow the world in a hale of Pestilence, Death, and violence, the likes of which even the most twisted, Christian apocalypse preacher would have a hard time imagining? I wasn't even disappointed when I found out that this light was, in actuality, voice. I certainly don't agree with you that voice is necessarily logical or a giver a reason (Hitler certainly had one Hell of a voice, both in the literal and non-literal sense) but I do agree with you that, no matter how censorship groups try, no matter how hard the FCC and the like try to keep America "safe" from free thought, voice will always find a way through.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 9, 2008

Author

steve
steve

raleigh, nc, NC



About
I'm a new author of a novel titled 'Don't Push Me' I have a website www.47720.authorworld.com Given the readership this book has the potential to be a best seller from the neighborhood. I like to sta.. more..

Writing
Man Lost... Man Lost...

A Story by steve