Under Water

Under Water

A Story by appingo
"

They hit the water in a moment in which one was jerked from his daydream and the other simply closed their eyes embracing the cold wetness.

"
They hit the water in a moment in which one was jerked from his daydream and the other simply closed their eyes embracing the cold wetness. The One looked towards the Two as they remained suspended in the blue, distorted light�"and then he reached out towards the other, desperately trying to maintain a grip on his wrist, shirt, hair, anything that could keep The Two from falling to the infinite depths.

After awhile, the One had to give up and make it back to the surface, gasping for air and watching desperately as the Two was continuously being dragged down underneath the surface. The One dove under, hand outstretched, his eyes stinging from the water as he attempted to reach for the Two that remained falling slowly through the water. No recollection of what was happening would remain in the Two's head, he would never even know what happened to him�"he was going to die, and if the One didn't succeed in saving the Two soon, he would be forever alone. Desperate to have the other half reach him, and in the end, the One may have to drown himself.

But as the One came up above the water for a second breath of air, he saw the Creator on the shore watching him. The One stared at the Creator, and the Creator stared back at him. For several seconds the staring lapsed, and then, finally, the One once again dove under the water though the retrieval of the Two had become hopeless. The Two was lost to the water, to never be returned to the surface and let to be live again.

Unless the Creator decided it should be so.

The One swam to the edge of the body of water, and then waded out to the Creator. The Creator didn't appear to be apologetic, or even concerned with what had just occurred. The One and the Two may have fallen off of a bridge high above to land into the freezing winter water, yes, and the Two was lost, but the One was the important One. The One could function without the Two.

Or that was what he thought.

The One would try jumping into the water again, fully awake, to hope that he would be knocked out to join the Two in the water.

© 2010 appingo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

At first I wasn't sure where this was going or even what was happening. And at first I didn't like that the characters were called One and Two, but by the end of the story it seemed almost right that thats what you called them. It all made since by the end, and I thought this was a lovley story with a hint of darkness in it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Strange and lovely. It reads as if it were a poem

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 24, 2010
Last Updated on August 24, 2010

Author

appingo
appingo

Portland, OR



About
appingo; [noun, verb] Latin in origin. o1.[noun] a 17-year-old girl who has no clue what she's writing, it just spews out into word vomit (see bad literature; bad prose). o2.[verb] to add to or r.. more..

Writing
Saule & Harper o1 Saule & Harper o1

A Chapter by appingo