From Your lips

From Your lips

A Poem by April Marie

From Your Lips///  



I have a name, and its what people call me and my whole life it has always sounded the same.

Until the day your voice uttered my name.

I have a short name, that’s little and not to many people can convince me that my name is beautiful.

Until the day your voice uttered my name.

Let me tell you that was something of magic, something you can hear only in the dead of night when all you see are stars and hear the wolfs howl at night, my name is pushed through your lips and it sounds like honey dripping on a biscuit. It is the turtle dove coming from the magicians jacket. It is sweet, sexy, and intriguing. 

© 2016 April Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You're a very good writer, like wow. I hope I can read more of your great poems and I also hope that you can help me improve mine haha.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I really enjoyed reading your poem. "Until the day your voice uttered my name" Beautifully expressed and well written. Keep up the good writing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


"honey dripping from a biscuit" I like the way you write April, this idea of food mixed with desire, its making all the right connections in my head. The long lines are doing something for me as well, its not quite a prose poem, its still delineated into punchy lines. and yet those lines keep me reading at a pleasant pace. Good stuff here, its really sexy writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The day of the awakening. Hope there's many more.

Posted 7 Years Ago


April Marie

7 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 17, 2016
Last Updated on December 17, 2016
Tags: poetry, poem, sweet

Author

April Marie
April Marie

Atlanat , GA



About
A young, inspired woman. Writer, blogger, artist, photographer enthusiast. Currently in school for writing. I long to be a successful writer, one who can not only write beautifully but truly inspire o.. more..

Writing