The Moon.

The Moon.

A Stage Play by arbutus
"

Just a short monologue I wrote. Thinking about using it as the end piece of a play that I"m writing but it's the first concrete piece of the play I've written so far haha. Would love some feedback.

"
The thickness of the night is only penetrated by the beam from the lonely man in the sky. He sits and watches. Touching a selected few more forcefully than others. You see, some of us just see the moon and smile at him. Thank him for the beams. But some of us look into the sky and see a man boastful of those very beams. Those beams that radiate from his dark, cold core may brighten your night time but they shatter mine. And they shatter me. You know how the moon reflects off the sea? It creates these little flecks of pure, golden ocean. And when the water is so calm it’s almost as if it is just a vast pool of liquid gold, rippling and flowing so easily as though it was just salt water. I wish I could dive into that ocean of gold. Swim so far beneath the surface that I’m completely surrounded by warm, metallic fluid and I can’t even tell you which way the sky is. So far down that I become liquid gold myself and can flow freely through the entire lustrous ocean. Become part of something so beautiful and immense and limitless and never get overwhelmed by it, just exist. Just exist all that way beneath the surface surrounded by liquid gold. So far beneath the surface that the moon can’t touch me anymore.

© 2015 arbutus


Author's Note

arbutus
All feedback is appreciated!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on October 5, 2015
Last Updated on October 5, 2015
Tags: theatre, play, monologue, nature

Author