A Soldiers Lament to His Commander-in-Chief

A Soldiers Lament to His Commander-in-Chief

A Story by Greg the Bard

 

 

A Soldiers Lament to His Commander-in-Chief

Traditions Run-a-muck!

The following are thoughts and collective antidotal stories from some of our military service members. From the Halls of Montezuma including along the way many an Airman’s rants and a Sailor’s bravado with a Soldier’s needs. We wish to you the patriot’s of our times the best that life can give, and happiness that only those of us that have earned it, really understand.

It is an election year once again. Depending on how you feel the government is doing, it can’t be to soon or maybe it is taking forever. Both in most peoples case. Of all the countries on planet terra, our country is the one most subject to hurt and hate from the outcome of the pendulum that does swing at different levels of life and society. The rich say that the Democrats want to tax them only and give to the poor. (Didn’t Robin Hood try that?) The poor say that the Republicans want to tax the middle class in order to keep the poor in their place. The Bankers, of which do not belong to either party, want you to think, that unless you spend what money you have. the cash flow of the country will stymie and we will cause a depression. Remember I said “WE”, not them. After all it is the Financier’s that control the whole mess anyway; right!

The patriot of old is now well and truly non-existent. Politicians have from the beginning of our country told us that they were patriots. This is not only not true it is an out right lie. Patriots and politicians, where is the dividing line? The dividing line is broad and long if you stand with the true Patriots. By the way true Patriots know the difference and can see it a mile away. You see patriot’s give their lives to sustain their line while politicians give the patriot’s lives and cloud the issue with want of something better to do. When a politician says “WE” just insert an “I” and drop the we then you will know what they are all about.

Truth is not self evident as our fore father’s would have us believe and when a politician is in charge like in the past sixteen years, we the patriot’s loose a lot of our brothers in arms for our country. On September the Eleventh that point was brought home to the citizenry.

It is unforgivable that we have to relearn a lesson already taught. The title of which is, ”Send our Children to Die for our Politicians Fears”, predicated thru what the politicians would have us fear and the line is drawn. When will we the people take back the government of the people and by the people. The uncontrollable elected that hold the very people that elected them in contempt if they are held accountable for their actions or in many accounts non-actions.

When was it last that a political agenda was understandable by anyone other than the profiteers of the agenda? When was it last that this country had real goals instead of platforms? When was it last that we considered the other peoples of the world before we considered our own people? When did it become sophisticated to fuel our needs with our greed? I do not see the lose of fuel enriched oil countries as friends or democracies as a source of National Security? If this is a National Security issue then who do we have to blame other than ourselves? When did we decide to not be an industrial power and become a service organization to the world? The industry upon which our country’s very strength was derived is the very thing that if encouraged can cause this country to not have to rely on foreign oil.

The financiers of our country would have you believe in NAFTA as long as they get their share. They say this is the Great Experiment that will bring the rest of the world up to our standards of living. So far all it has done is bring us down to their standards. You want to give them an equal chance, offer them Statehood. Then see how many immigrants go running back as new age carpetbaggers. Does this mean that by wanting to control our boarders that we are isolationist? NO! But if you think a country can continue to prosper without some small part in its agenda being isolationist then you are leaning toward just what the politicians want to create in you, FEAR! And as long as they can keep you in fear the cloudier the line, (remember the line) between the real patriot’s of this country, its citizenry, and its politicians will get. Have you ever seen a poor politician? Just a thought.

The story is the same no matter how it is told. It is as old as mankind and will never change as long as there is a politician to find right or wrong in where ever profit is to be found. That is called the looking after number one first factor. I can’t blame them, I just don’t like seeing them getting away with it. The true double standard is a command-in-chief holding his subordinates to a higher standard than he holds himself. Point in fact President Clinton in an adulteress act against his wife that would put a service member (no pun intended) in jail for life. Where does he get off doing that and when did a crime against God ever fall under the jurisdiction of the ministry. What is that? I digress.

You say are there no good politicians and I say yes there are. (Far and Few of course) The problem is after ten century’s of minding business in Washington the two parties and their politicians have built solid walls of professional rhetoric whose only concern is how to continue control. And there we sit, the citizenry, praying that our newly elected few will be good politicians and make a real law to control the professional politician. Lets get real here, no politician that has spent more than half his life in Washington cannot have the peoples needs in mind. These people are the true Saprano’s of America. Hell, they even vote themselves a pay raise every year not that the lobbyist don’t take of most of the expense.

At John F. Kennedy’s inauguration there was one good politician on the platform. He was so bold to request that you “Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for you country”. Well people here is your chance. Do not accept the candidates being paraded before you, for as candidates go these three are below the norm and will not be able to fight off the wolves of congress. We must find a leader. And we must consider replacing the parties leadership if this is the best they can offer. The Republicans give us a true veteran of a war some forty years in the past. A man that has been a member of the Good Old Boys club that built a lot of the walls in congress today. The Democrats give you a choice between a woman that can’t keep her husband in her own bed long enough to vote for something as important as sending my children to war. Being sorry after the fact just doesn’t get it in the world of international politics. I for one do not trust any politician that shows a weakness like crying to get votes. Is there nothing you would not lower yourself for. It does not work on me and it will not work overseas as president.

The other guy is non-Christian that wants you to believe that he can make unbiased decisions about a Muslim situation in favor of the good of this country. He’s Muslim. Who do you think he will side with? I might vote for his wife. At least with her you know what you are getting. NOTHING! Better the evil you know; right? This man wants you to know that a vote for him is a vote for change. It’s just that I’m getting old and knees will not hold out with all that praying. How much do prayer rugs cost anyway?

They both offer a socialist health plan to solve an insurance problem. Socialist……sounds like another name for Communism in guise. I fought the cold war against those guys. In the in we won and Russia fell apart. Doesn’t sound like a plan to me. Maybe I can get a new pray rug if my knees are on Tricare. I’ll be dead before I get that.

What does that leave us? Not Much.

 

© 2008 Greg the Bard


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

:) I thought it was an eteresting consept. The way you put the actions of the getlemen makes it seem like you are right there in the same room with thim/ yes it was an (Exalent Read)
Thanks
from
S.D.Blankenship the GOTHIC-COWBOY

Posted 15 Years Ago


From a Canadian living in Great Britain, who has travelling around our European neighbours, I can tel you, the problem is of a global nature. If shift is to take place, it will be through education and changing peoples mindsets to one of being people centred and not self-centred.

Excellent read!

God's Blessing
Phillozofee

Posted 16 Years Ago


I loved it :D .Bless ya!

You're a very sincere and smart writer.

Try posting some of your work in a newspaper


Posted 16 Years Ago


Money talks and it doesn't need to say much. The corporations which rule America have no problem protecting their business interests with the blood and bodies of our sons and daughters. As Lennon and McCartney said, "we all want to change the world"

Posted 16 Years Ago


Greg, this sounds like my husband to a tee. He scares me sometimes as he will say something about our government and then it happens..He also thinks we are headed for socialism..He thinks Wall Street speculaters run it up and down so the rich guys can buy and sell..Muslims hate our guts because we are a Christian nation and also back Isreal.. Nafta is breaking our backs and the immigrant problem is so prevalient in our town they just had a F.B.I. arrest a bunch and deport them..If they had went to the other chicken plants her they would have found hundreds more..I pity the younger generations as they will have nothing but bread and water and be making dangerous toys for the Chinese..We owe them so much money they own us..Of the three running,,ouch..put in a box and "None of the above" in it..God bless. Valentine

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

406 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2008
Last Updated on May 12, 2008

Author

Greg the Bard
Greg the Bard

Charlotte, NC



About
Retired USAF now working in security. I have been around the world 2 times due to the military. I've lived in England, Turkey, Holland. My wife is English and the best part of me. We have been togethe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..