Too Late

Too Late

A Story by Armanis
"

A man looks into the depths of the Apocalypse

"

Too Late


The lands I see before me. Never had I thought it would come to this. I heard the stories on Sundays but never believed it. I never believed that God truly ruled the world, and not myself. Today, everything is shaken. I never thought this day would come, when I believed that science ruled the world, and the universe. How fool was I that this world was governed by science, which is created by the most high!

I am not pleased to say I was apart of what happened one year ago, but I can’t take it back. Not enough sorrys could be exchanged to God for what I’ve done. In this land of the free, and the home of the brave, I willingly burned at the stake, Christians, Catholics, Jews, and Muslims! They all apart from science, believing in one God!

Burned much of their souls, and all their books, all their Churches, Synagogues, and Mosques! There was to be no God in my free country, I thought then. Now, I wish I hadn’t. To worshippers of God, they all moved to Canada, the country where no one cared about anything. They were in Canada, not the United States of America! That was all that mattered.

Much to my amazement, all of the God worshippers disappeared from existence, a worldwide event known as the Rapture! There were now no leaders in Faith, a world I thought I could agree with. I was wrong, since it lead to this day, lead to this world without God, and had literally become Hell on Earth.

The skies burned red, smoke burning holes in the pink clouds, reflecting the fire burning through the cracks of the world, coming from the Core. The Core of all humanity, that desired God be taken out of everything, and now we are going to Hell, where he is farthest from. Should we have known...no. We already knew, if we had truly believed, we wouldn’t be in this mess.

I saw great lines of men, and women. We no longer had children for they were all thrown into the fire, and the rest are barren, sparing what could be great leaders from great pain. These lines lead to beasts, and demons with horns as they lead us, armed us for battle. None refused for we were all told by Satan, the beast branding us with the numbers, 666, “There must be war. God will never take you as you are now, we must break down the gates of Heaven. Come with me, and you will be rewarded!”

Men and women armed for battle, armed for coming of the clouds, and night and day training.

I heard a trumpet in the distance. I looked to the Heavens, hiding my face, covering it in soot from the ash that covered everything. It is true, no more green, no trees, plants or herbs can grow in this barren wasteland that is Earth, that is the country I once loved! More than my wife, and so much more than my own children. America was my God, and that idol that deceived me so much, how I hate you now!

I found a small ruined house. There I stayed. Watching as the first wave of demonic armies came, marching.

I heard a second trumpet. I looked, watching as the smoke ceased to rise. and all the clatter of steps ceased, but increased with the shaking of human weapons. Swords rattled against the quivering shields forged by demonic hands of evil. Those hands are human hands. I watched the skies, I knew it was coming.

The third trumpet sounded, and it was much louder than the previous one. “Jesus, God, Please forgive me for my tresspasses. I was so wrong, and I killed your people. Please forgive me worshipping all idols, and I now know it is too late. I now know you are alive and true. I now know you are coming. Coming for all the sinners and to fix what humanity broke thousands of years ago! Please forgive me!”

I cried out my prayers to the Heavens, and like voiceless cries, they echoed back to me as if the Heaven was nothing more than a wall for my voice to echo off of. I now know that he is not accepting prayers at this time. “I am sorry.” I managed to bow down my head and weep_

The fourth trumpet sounded. I looked the the east, and saw the men and women. The clatter of their armor and swords stopped, though I could still see them brushing up against each other. Every last one, stood, staring at the sky in anticipation; anticipation of the return of Christ! What sound I could hear, aside from the growling and snarly of demons as they branded their slaves, was the chattering of teeth, grinding against each other.

I watched amid the burnt window, the soot assaulting my nostrils with a burnt carcass of what was once a man, and woman, and their children in this abandoned house when the fires came. It is not the most pleasant place, nor the safest, but it was the only place I could stay, to stay my slavery from those Demons. Now, and only now is my faith realized...but it is too late. When it is all over, I know I will be cast into Hell, and what little chance I have at my salvation is gone since prayers will not reach Heaven, not now, in this burning cold I call Hell, as it is absent of all God’s presence...for now.

The Fifth trumpet blew. I watched the clanking of the armor stop entirely. The sounds of crackling fire stopped. The growling of demons became inaudible noises. Whimpers and cries of the men, forcing them to fight were the demons. Nothing at all. No noise. All was silent. I know, I know now that it is coming. The time is near, increments as the forces of Heaven are preparing to enter the Earth. The time is near!

The sixth trumpet sounded! The growls, screams, grunts of the demons echoed the sky. Shortly after, the men and women who desired to see God burn, rebelled against him, screamed their war cries, for they know this is the end. This is the final day to repent...or was that yesterday? As I refuse to fight, will God forgive my soul in this Godless world? This is my last...my only act in defiance of the popular decision, the popular vote which I now know is false, and are lies fed through the lips of politicians, inspired by Satan!

I look up, now to the sky, lightning cracked, veining the skylines, bring forth a more dismal view of the world, as if it wasn’t bad enough, in this land of decay. In the land of the cowards, and the home of the slaves. I looked to the earth as the ground unsettled itself, soil decaying as all the corpses of the earth rose from their graves!

Their skin like zombies, in the movies,. I thought this not possible, no science could do this, no faith would allow this, least of all the Christian faith. What is happening! One of them spoke to me saying clearly, “The day of the Lord is here. You run for the hills, hiding, only to find that your world of isolation is covered in poisonous serpents, the same serpents that started this war! This war much older than any nation.”

I saw them marching towards the numbers, hands raised in the air.

The seventh and final trumpet was sounded. “Behold he comes, riding on the clouds!” they sang that favorite worship song. Even I remembered the words, and they spoke true, as the final days came for humanity’s end. That song was about today, when the world was Hell, when we came so far away from what God’s plan was! How ashamed should Humanity be! You cursed creatures! God has come for all justice to be restored. I bowed my head to the ground, “Forgive me Lord, for I am a sinner.” I spoke my final prayer as I saw it.

I saw a horse, and on that horse a man on the clouds, descending to the earth. Behind him, were 77,000 fiery chariots, and angels that guided them. I looked to the the sky, and I saw a disturbing sight. The martyrs of the Lord, many was on that list as I was guilty for taking the rest of them there, killing them, burning them until they died to get rid of God in the United States, and I succeeded.  I saw them, each of them with faces seared into the back of my brain, never will I forget the pain I caused! I tore my clothes as I saw the victim, my victims. I am sorry.

The angels fought behind Jesus Christ the king. I saw these zombies, unlike any other zombies I have seen before in movies, books or comics, and I saw life return in them again. This battle was over in mere minutes, and Satan was cast into the hole that is Hell, as Jesus did. He is greater than any other, and I should have worshipped him. Angels ushered all the traitors, and those who trusted in the Devil and not of the Lord, who stood at the gates of Hell, watching them with long faces.

I felt compelled, and I walked towards the gate of Hell. It was now...or...it was now. I walked to the gates of Hell with no doubt in my mind that is where I will be sent since this world is no more. I walked up, reached my hand hesitantly to the gate marked for eternal suffering. Someone grabbed my hand.

“Where do you think you are going?” a voice said to me.

I turned and was blinded by the king’s glory. “I am going to the place I must go.” I said, weeping.

“You are not going there.” he said to me, the glory scratching my inner earlobes. “You of so great faith! You could have joined the fight, but you didn’t. You trusted me, though you did not know it, to keep you hidden. If you were going to be enslaved, I was to hide you from your captives. If they were to kill you, I was to shield you so that you would know that God your father is alive! Son, brother you are to me. You went down the curve, and at that last moment you gave your life to me, the work was already done!”

“I am not going to Hell? But I killed your brothers and sisters, your children. I burned your Holy Bible, Holy Churches. I blasphemed in your name! My sins are too great for Heaven.” I said to him.

“Do you think I want your deeds.” he said to me, poking my chest. “This. This is all I ask of you. This is all I need. If I have that, then you are saved by me, for I died on that Cross for you! I love you, now, and forever. Yes you sinned, but the penalty for all sins is death. Not the penalty for some sins is death. Those that you killed, are no more worthy to be in my grace than are you, for I died for all people! For all Sins to be forgiven by God.”

For once, my vision cleared up and I enjoyed the scenery. Jesus was amazing. His complexion, his love was ever showing in his face. It was like a painting, with a golden crown atop his head, and a halo of light hovering above him, so angelic in his appearance if you could only see what I see right now!

I saw him point to the skies, and I looked.

What I saw, was like an ethereal globe, with size so great there is no word for it. It was pale white, but when it ascended, the cracks in the earth were sealed. The fires were put out. The soot stopped assaulting my smell, and I could feel my warm blood in my hands again, after so long it had been so cold with my hate for God, and it is now restored, how did I learn to Hate him, when I now love Him so much?

It has been so long that I can’t remember, nonetheless this city is beautiful. This world is beautiful. I entered one of the twelve gates, all bearing the names for the 12 Apostles, and even they welcomed me, especially Paul. Paul, you were like me in so many ways, but you truly got to serve God in Earth, I never did.

In my last hour, I had taken Jesus into my heart. That last hour was all that I needed to gain my salvation, but now is my work load greater, to make up for my crimes on earth. It is the least I could do in this Second Earth, for the second coming. “Thank you Lord for saving me!” I raised my hands, and we all sang praise, “Amazing Grace”.

© 2015 Armanis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on December 16, 2015
Last Updated on December 16, 2015
Tags: Hell, Spiritual, Fire, rage, mindless, demons, Satan, Devil, Apocalypse, End of Days

Author

Armanis
Armanis

Revere, MA



About
I am a fantasy author. I do some writing of poetry and short stories under a different name. My writing takes place in the dungeons and dragon world but in an alternate universe since my story doesn't.. more..

Writing
Prologue: Gamble Prologue: Gamble

A Chapter by Armanis


Royal Brood Royal Brood

A Chapter by Armanis


The Unholy Tree The Unholy Tree

A Chapter by Armanis