Why Replace Open Fire with Inset Multi-fuel Stove?

Why Replace Open Fire with Inset Multi-fuel Stove?

A Story by Arna Kotak
"

Designating a corner of your room for real fire is indeed a fascinating experience. Traditionally, open fires have been an integral part of the households in the UK.

"
Designating a corner of your room for real fire is indeed a fascinating experience. Traditionally, open fires have been an integral part of the households in the UK, but they are losing practicality in the modern times. The modern inset stoves are fast replacing the conventional fires by addressing all possible drawbacks the latter face. If you still rely on open fire for heating, you are probably unfamiliar with the benefits of the appliances like inset multi-fuel stoves. Here are some concrete reasons that you will certainly consider to bring in the chance.

No Compromise in Looks

No doubt that an open fireplace at home splendidly adds to the looks of the room. However, the stylish designs of the inset fuel burners are nothing short of beauty and elegance. Visit any popular multi fuel stoves UK store and you will come across an extraordinary range of stoves in magnificent colors and looks. Without any doubt, these appliances are great additions to the room’s décor.

Greater Efficiency

One of the biggest drawbacks of the open fires is that 70-80% of the heat produced escapes out from the chimney, thereby losing significantly in terms of heat efficiency. Inset stoves, on the other hand, ensure nearly 80% of the heat efficiency which is definitely impressive. Clearly, it leads to many more benefits which include:

1. A much more warmer house (experts believe that stoves can produce 8 times warmer room than an open fire)
2. Significantly lower consumption of fuel
3. Reduction in fuel bills and overall heating cost

Cleaner Burn

Open fires are criticized for contributing considerably towards air pollution. Inset fuel burners take care of this issue in more than one ways:

1. As they consume lesser wood or other fossil fuel, multi-fuel stoves allow wise usage of the available fuel quantities.
2. By burning wood and other fuels in a stove, you don’t add extra carbon dioxide to the atmosphere. The gas produced in the process is enough to be absorbed by the plants.
3. Many stoves are fitted with secondary air supply which helps in re-burning the gas produced, thereby reducing the amount being added to the atmosphere.

As a result, inset stoves prove to be better for human health as compared to the openly burning fires.

Impressive Performance

Multi fuel stoves are great performers and that too in a number of ways. First, they assign control in the hands of the user who can regulate the pace at which the fuel burns. Second, they reduce the occurrence of drought, a common issue in the case of chimneys which allow cold air into the room and suck warm air outside, thereby causing the room less warm. Moreover, they are easy to clean and maintain as well. Such performance traits are absent in the case of open fires.

More Safety

Open fires are at the risk of causing fires with frequently flying sparks that may accidentally land on the carpets and other fabrics in the room. As fuel burns safely inside closed glasses in a stove, there are absolutely no chances of such accidents. 

Prefer stoves which support multiple fuels like wood, coal, peat and others and you will add another benefit to the list. 

© 2014 Arna Kotak


Author's Note

Arna Kotak
Author Bio: The author owns a multi fuel stoves UK facility dealing in a complete range of stoves. Having years of experience in the industry, she is also a regular writer providing valuable tips to the potential buyers.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
Added on October 21, 2014
Last Updated on October 21, 2014

Author

Arna Kotak
Arna Kotak

west midlands, west midlands, United Kingdom



About
Passionate about internet to explore new things... more..

Writing