Bad luck follows

Bad luck follows

A Story by aparna

Sometimes bad luck just don’t leave you, like a shadow always with you. My husband dumped me after 9 years of marriage. I am a 32 years old single mother with two kids and no job, leaving with old retired father.
I was always good at studies, got a chance in a good college. However I could not speak English fluently. So all my super smart classmates used to make fun of me.Even for job I had to go through interview for 26th times. Finally got selected. That was my the luckiest Day. That day It was raining outside and I was crying inside with joy. After all those rejections it was like a miracle.
Life became so beautiful. I was ruling it. First time in my life I could buy a good watch for my father. My parent were so proud of me.My boss was impressed with my work. I was enjoying my independent life as if God is showering happiness on me.
My bad luck had to come back so I met my selfish husband. He was my colleague. We became very good friend. He was helpful, concerned about me. We used to go out .Even my parent knew him. After one year he proposed me for marriage .I thought marrying a friend is better than marrying a stranger.
We got married. After six months he started taking all my money. My mother-in-law said he is the man he should have control over money. Okay let him be the man. Then I got pregnant with twins. I delivered two beautiful boys. They were like Angeles. He is the man he won’t help me with children so I had to quit my job. Whole day I was running behind my children and taking care of my mother-in-law. My life was nothing but routine, actually it was about to get worst. My dear husband got promoted. He started spending night with his friends. He started complaining he was not been taking care properly,as a wife I am a failure, I don’t know how to make him happy,I don’t buy new clothes for him,I should not ask him where is he,he doesn’t feel respected enough. He got thousands excuses .It was very clear that he just wanted to get ride of me.I was not able to understand why .So finally my husband send me and sons to my father. Neighbours told me that since my husband earning well so he wants marry a rich girl.
I didn’t know what to do. I called my boss to get back my job ,I came to know company is in loss so they are closing down.My father went to my in laws and tried to solve .They just insulted him. Finally I went to police station there also no luck. Police would be able to help me since there is no physical torture . Somehow I gathered my self and started a new life with my sons.
After a year my husband came and told me that he has finally forgiven me and wanted give me a chance. I just asked him to leave my home. After a week I send him a divorce paper. I chose to be a single mother and raise a human not a man. Finally my shadow bad luck leaves me.

© 2016 aparna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it is a fiction.anyway very happy you have enjoyed

Posted 7 Years Ago


I don't know if this is a true story or fiction but I enjoyed it and bravo to the heroine who realised she was better off on her own no matter how difficult than to be with someone so selfish and horrible. Best wishes for the future :)

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 25, 2016
Last Updated on October 25, 2016

Author

aparna
aparna

chennai, Tamil Nadu, India



Writing
Miss you Miss you

A Poem by aparna