What did I do?

What did I do?

A Story by Luna
"

A story of what is going on at school. All the drama revolves around one girl...

"

                I climb down off the bus and walk into the school building, sitting down and leaning against the hard wall, my backpack that doesn’t match my personality sitting next to me, stuffed with more papers and text books than any text book should ever be. Mia walked in with me, doing the same thing, setting her red messenger bag down. For some reason, Rachel walked in through a different door, trying to be in the school more than out in the cold winter air. As she approaches us from the long hallway, the bell rings and people begin to pour in from the front of the school, twelve buses arriving at one time. People from our small group of friends, Michelle, Lisa, the Brigittes, Stephen, and Jacob, all slowly shuffle to our routine place in front of the fine arts hall.

                “Hey Lisa!” I call to her when she approaches but she turns her back to me, refusing to acknowledge I exist as she gives Jacob, her boyfriend, a hug. I try to talk to her again, her back staying turned to me for reasons unknown. As I watch Stephen try to talk to her and the same thing happens to him, I wonder what is going on. I know she got in trouble with her parents but I don’t know what could have happened and I had nothing to do with her getting in trouble with her parents. I didn’t even know until Rachel told me this morning.

                “Stephen, do you know what is up with her?” I ask him, both of us trying to wrack our brains for what could possibly have happened. Both of us come up empty, no clue of what could possibly have thrown her off her rocker so easily.

                “Jacob, do you know what is up with Lisa?” Stephen asks his friend, the boys both living in the same neighborhood and being friends.

                “Yah. But I’m not telling you. You ask her yourself.” The hint in his voice tells me that we did something, but what?

                “How are we supposed to talk to her when she refuses to even acknowledge we exist unless she needs something?” I ask him, trying to draw answers from him but failing miserably, the only answer being received a shrug before he turns back to the conversation we interrupted.

                “Ok, I’m majorly confused Stephen.” The bell rings and we all head to class, me to gym and Stephen to technical drawing. Lisa is in my gym class, one of the few people I talk to, so it will be very boring. We walk and think, both trying to come up with ideas that are just shot down. What could we have done this time?

© 2010 Luna


Author's Note

Luna
This is based on real people so those who are most likely part of it, don't get mad. I have to deal with your drama enough to want to deal with it again. This is how I see the event. Yes, I know it is short and not all the details are actually there but that is all I wanted to write. I kind of got tired of writing. Might add more later, might not, all depends on how I feel...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know this scenario all to well. One minute you are friends and then the next they are not talking to you and you have no idea why. It sucks and I really hope it works itself out. My mom always told me "Write what you know" and this is what you did and I think if you wanted you could turn this into a book. Keep writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i really do hope you get this work out... very good story. it always help to write to deal with your feelings. it should does help me:) anyway great job girl!!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 30, 2010
Last Updated on January 30, 2010

Author

Luna
Luna

Civil War Capital, VA



About
I am a helpless romantic who also loves to attempt to write romance adventure (my novel Maiden Voyage for example) but I tend to try to stick more to poetry. I am southern (yes, I do have an accent) a.. more..

Writing
Failed Failed

A Poem by Luna


Crutch Crutch

A Poem by Luna


Regrets Regrets

A Poem by Luna