Should Kids Get Paid For Good Grades

Should Kids Get Paid For Good Grades

A Story by Artemova
"

When we are in school we all would like good grades but do we know how to get good grades? Well I think the truth be told we do deep down know that if we want good grades that we are going to have to

"
When we are in school we all would like good grades but do we know how to get good grades?  Well I think the truth be told we do deep down know that if we want good grades that we are going to have to work at getting them.  Some kids, however, know how to get good grades but are not really willing to make the effort to do it.  At this point in their life they do not realize the importance of a good education but their parents sure do.

Parents, today, will often bribe their child to get a good grade.  Do you really think this is going to help them in the future.  Should kids get paid for good grades?  First off how much are you going to be dishing out?  The higher the mark the higher the pay?  Or are we just going to go flat rate?  Are you going to settle for just a passing grade or are we going to set a certain goal?
Parents are treading in dangerous waters when they start paying their children for something that they are quite capable of doing.  Children aren’t stupid.  They know how to get good grades.  Why should they though unless they are going to get paid for it.  This could definitely lead somewhere where you are not going to want your child to be in the future.

Sometime it is best not to give in to them.  Maybe a better stand would be to take away some privileges if the grades start to decline.  I am sure to regain those privileges they will start to remember how to get good grades and start to put the work into their studies.

Now if your child for some reason is having difficulty in school and really does not know how to get good grades you definitely need to take another approach.  Maybe in this case the child does need some incentive to work harder but again I do not think the best incentive is to pay them when they get a good grade.  First they may struggle and put the time in and never reach a good grade.  How is your child going to feel then?  You do not want your child to become so discouraged that they just give up no matter what you offer them.

At this point the best thing you can do for your child is to offer them some help and support.  You may not be able to do this yourself personally but there are available courses online that will help your child learn how to get good grades.  One of those guides that has helped many students improve their grades and is worth checking out is the Good Grades Guide.

© 2018 Artemova


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on January 10, 2018
Last Updated on January 10, 2018