A Can of Cola

A Can of Cola

A Story by Adelia Alighieri
"

Again; Anwesh and I; writing with the same pen....

"

(Arwa starts off)

I had just turned off the television. In the last four hours, I had, managed to watch 'Shrek' and 'Hercules' ; washed the dishes, updated my facebook page fifteen times; done my homework and had taken a precise twelve minute bath. And the immediate thought that came into my mind was that I, was a genius.


The phone rang while I was making myself some coffee. Somehow I managed to take hold of it with my wet hands. 'Hello?....Hello??....HELLO?????....gross,' I slammed the receiver back on the telephone set. 'Some maniac.'

I jumped back on the sofa and took a sip. 'Yuck.' It was bitter...Being to lazy too get up and add some sweetner; I put it away on the table and turned on the TV again. The same old, boring shows. I turned it off.

I grabbed my portable pc, and turned it on. After a wastage of some minutes, I found out that I had no mail...'What?...Why?' I cursed. I had my e mail notifications turned on so any new updates I got from the web were immediately reported. But today, there were none.

I slammed it shut and walked towards the fridge. 'Let's see...Leftovers, apples, a bar of chocolate and a can of cola. Hmmm.' I took the can out. Just as I was about to open it, the phone rang again.

'Hello?'

'Hey, how ya doin' baby?'

'Oh, Chester, could you stop calling me in the middle of the night? Go get some beauty sleep, I need rest.'

'C'mon! What's the hurry? Talk to me, I am bored ta hell.'

'I don't care whether you're bored or not, okay? I'm over with you! Now, bye!' With that, I hung up.

The phone rang again.

I sighed angrily. Instead of picking up the phone, I  slammed the telephone set at the wall. And then went out in the balcony.
Thinking about all that had happened today with me; I sighed.
What made me really sad was the fact that I broke up with Chester today. Although his recent call brought up the idea that he wasn't taking it seriously; I was over with him.

'He's the worst guy I would ever like to be with...' I told myself.
I looked around...NYC was just as crowded as it had always been. I sighed, again.
My cell vibrated.
I turned it off; it was Chester.
I opened up the can; took a sip.
As I gulped the coldness of the fluid, I remembered I hadn't fed Cheese. That's supposed to be my cat.
'Who cares?' I thought.
I looked down from my 8th floor balcony. I saw a dark haired guy standing right beside the phonebooth.
'Perhaps calling his girl friend.' I said.

(Anwesh takes over)

I went back to my room and closed the balcony door. "Duh, love is SO not for me."

Then i fell flat on my bed, too tired to open my eyes yet too full of thoughts to go to sleep. I picked up a book from the shelf and started reading it.

"She sat by the window. Staring at him. Wondering, how he could love him so much. Maybe she deserved all this."
 
"Uhh, what the HELL? Leave me alone, you freaked out love."

I threw the book away and drank a little bit more of the cola.  Chuckling to myself, I said, "Damn, what would i do without you, you ever loyal can of cola?"

Just then, the phone rang again. I was really angry now. "Will you just cut it out now Chester? I AM NOT TALKING TO YOU! GET IT!"

"Hey Erica."

"Ohh, hi Trauss."

Trauss was my dance partner in the salsa classes.

"You seem angry. Am i disturbing?"

"No no.. Not at all. Yeah, u are kinda right. Just a bit irritated. So tell me, what's up?"

"Nothing much really. Was just getting bored, so called you up. Hope you didn't mind."

"Of course not. Anyways, we have that final class on Tuesday. You up for it?"

"Yeah, I guess so. Actually I kinda wanted to ask you something."

"Yeah sure, go ahead."

"Actually, the classes are coming to an end. So i thought, aah.. maybe you would wanna stay in contact even after that? Like.. friends and all?"

I was amazed at his innocence. "Yes of course. Why not?"

I could feel him all excited and happy. "Thanks.. Thanks a lot. I was kinda sceptic as to whether you would want to remain my friend or not."

"You are a good friend Trauss. Why would i not stay your friend? I really like you."

"Well, ok then. Will meet you on Tuesday then. Bye."

"Yeah, bye."

Woah! Guys... Weird creatures, I tell you. Some are so damn rude that you would want nothing but to kill them, and some so damn soft that you would want to give them a big hug.

And with that thought, I fell into my bed and was soon fast asleep, in my dream land holding hands with my dream guy!

© 2009 Adelia Alighieri


Author's Note

Adelia Alighieri
Kudos.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good, I enjoyed reading this!

Posted 13 Years Ago


very niiiiice ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 21, 2009


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..