The Time Shifter

The Time Shifter

A Story by Jordan S
"

A little prevew of what I am working on I will let you guys know when I finish it.

"
The Time Shifter

They say I am not human, that I was created out a strange material found in a UFO crash. Of coarse this is just what I’m told. To be honest I don’t know exactly what I am if I did I’d tell you, but then they’d probably send me or HADES after you, or worse yet ZEUS. So to answer the question probably on all your minds now I am KRONOS. Bioengineered mercenary, but as I said that’s only what I’m told. I’m getting ahead of myself here lets start at the beginning.

Since my first memory it had been training. Training, training, training every day for then years. Hand to hand, guns of all kinds, blades of all sizes. Then came my first assignment, they say the first kill is the hardest.
I suddenly found myself in a small snowy valley high in the Himalayas. The cold bit my skin the way a bee would, a small dot lands on your skin then the icy sting. I treaded down to the hill towards the base in the valley when I tripped on the steep incline and rolled my way down. A few familiar chuckles and a giggle or two came in over the radio ear peace.
“Way to trip up on your first job for the company KRONOS, not even a day out of training and you’re already making mistakes.” A deep voice boomed over the ear peace.
“Alright three things, one you guys can see me?...”
“A high pitched ecstatic girl’s voice chimed in “Yea company let us watch on the satellite and everything I even got popcorn.”
“Perfect” I said sarcastically. “Two shut up ZEUS you don’t need to speak into the microphone so dam close.”
“Oh I’m sorry.” Said ZEUS. “Is this better!” he said screaming into it. I recoiled tearing the device from my ear and stumbling to the ground with a thud. I suddenly the sound of footsteps came in earshot.
Placing it back in his ear he whispered scolding “ZEUS you alerted the guards.”

 

“Well time to see what your made of. The first kill is the hardest after all." The guard turned the corner his entire outfit white to blend into the snow, a white MP5 cradled in his arms coming to see what the noise was. Seeing nothing he turned around and left back to his patrol. Not even daring to breath till he knew the guard was gone CHROUNUS dug himself out from the snow. Completely ignoring the voices from the earphone he made his way stealthy made his way to the building's elevator.

"Nice and stealthy, I would complement you but that's my thing." Said a new voice.

"Yea, Yea, I'd like to see your patent on it HADES." I said.

"He is just to scared to kill someone." ZEUS taunted

"Nothing wrong with that, plenty are scared on there first time I know I was" Chimed in the high pitched girl's voice agen.

"Thanks APHRODITE, that helps a lot." I said sighing with relief. The elevator dinged and the doors opened, the room was set like a place  unlike the soulless concrete the rest of it was made of. The walls held velvet and silk as well as art of all kinds. Sitting in a undoubted oak desk riled with papers sat a very busy weapons dealer. On each side of him were three guards each holding a gun now pointed at the open elevator.

"Am I expecting anyone?" the man sitting at the desk asked the intercom, a heavy rushen accent hung heavy in his voice.

"No sir." Said the intercom "Not till tomorrow."

"Thank you Pocah." Said the man looking into the intercom and without even looking up he said casually "Shoot him." I concentrated hard and time crawled slowly along. You see the stuff they made me...well us out of. It gave us what you could call superpowers. Mine just happened to be what you would say super speed, but when I am going that fast it seems to me like I am just slowing down time. As I walked through the bullets as casually as someone would walk around a pole. I drew a knife and ripped the guns out of the men's hands. Takeing a deep breath I plunged the knife deep into the man, but the shock of what I just did made me lose focus and time resumed at it's normal speed. Everyone but me looked around confused.

"I knew Olympus industries hired some freaks but not one that fast. Hey how would you like to work for me, I'll triple whatever there paying." He may as well have not even said anything, I was sill holding the knife, the blood dripping from it slowly so very slowly. My mind was unable to focus on anything else, the smell it was the smell of the blood. It was intoxicating. My body betrayed me attacking the guards plunging the knife into them over and over with a inhuman rage. Seeing red I stood over they bodies each rittled with knife wounds I slowly calmed down my mind returning to it's natural state i breathed heavily panting in disbelief of what just happened.

"Consider this a warning, never cross Olympus industries or else." I said and walked over the the man and buried the knife in his desk going through the signature of a paper. I walked away not looking back. I was never stopped on my way passing guards, he had obviously told them not to probly fearing I would return if I got trouble. I went out of the compound and stepped into a helicopter seeming to wait for me. The white helicopter flew away and took me to an airfield. I stepped into a plane as instructed over my earpiece as I stepped into the plane I spotted a golden mountain the top covered by clouds painted on the side of plane, the only thing underneath it was in bold black letters was 'Olympus Industrys'. I feel asleep in the plane the inside plush and conferrable like something out of a billionaire's fantasy. I awoke with a start, my skin tingled with a cold sweat as I panted my brain coming to back into play to figure out why I awoke. I began to rember my dream the nightmare I called a dream. I rembered a teenage boy, 15 16 perhaps his s**t gone and his upper body covered in blood. What was left of his pants were torn to peaces clinging to him drenched with blood. The short black hair on his head was wild and matted. In his hand was a sword, on the sword was the bodies of people that he had never met. The city behind him was a sea of fire and rubble and on the boy's face was a smile. A pleasure fueled by bloodlust. His eyes glowed red with the furry deep within. I realized that he looked just like me, the only difference was my eyes were black.

"Prepare for landing" a voice said over the intercom bringing me back to the real world. I stepped into the skyscraper it was isolated, surrounded by nothingness, hidden in the middle of a wasteland. The inside was nice, inviting, and I was welcomed and helloed by everyone I passed. I stepped into a steal box labeled elevator and pressed ground floor.

"Um sir," the man next to me said, "we are on the ground floor." I helled the door open and my finger continued to press on ground floor.

"It be best if you take the next one." I assured him.

"What are you..."

"Now!" I screamed cutting him off and as the doors closed I heard the man start complaining to the lady next to him how he was just kicked off the elevator by an obnoxious teenager. The elevator hit the basement on the little electronic display then it flashed now changing to 'Welcome, please insert password'. A small opening appeared were the buttons once were and a keyboard emerged. I punched in KRONOS into it the key board and the keys flashed slightly every time he touched one scanning his fingerprint. Knowing if he had typed anything but the name of one of his 'relitives' into the keyboard he would find himself in the matnace room, but the elevator kept going. A few moments later the elevator slid open to a large room filled with people. The majority were nameless employees all dressed in uniform, a brown jumpsuit along with a belt holding a baton and tazer on it. The occasional white lab coated scientists strolled through the room passing through one door to the other. The ones I was really interested in were my relatives, Olympus industry's special projects. When a company gets as big as this one, they need people to 'take care of' rivals, annoying people, noisy journalists, ect. That's were we come in. My train of though was interrupted as my shadow grew upwards gaining dimension and the shape of another. I turned to greet the man, he was dressed in all black that completely counteracted his pale as death white skin and red eyes.

"HADES how many times have I told you not to do that!" I scolded then paused for a moment "It freaks me out"

"I'm sorry" he said in a raspy voice with a huge smile on his face "couldn't help but mess with the youngest of us"

"Shut up HADES" I said walking away, but only made it a few inches before literally bumping into ZEUS and was into a head lock for one of his static noggins the electricity running through his hand messing up my hair.

"Look who got his first kill, the little wimps growing up" He said mockingly. I resisted the urge to gut punch him instead screaming complaints into his arm but they only came out as muffled whispers. After another few doesen bolts later he released me and my hair become a mess standing on end. His wife HERA came and fixed my hair, I never really mined being a teenager she was like a mother to me. Her brown hair rolled like curves and complemented her lightly tanned skin. As to her power I don't know, no one is really sure, perhaps she doesn't have one. She fixed my hair and gave me a smile when suddenly I had my face crushed between a pair of breasts and I turned red as a apple.

"You did soooooo good!" squealed APHRODITE as she hugged me tight. I struggled to breath and nearly passed out before she let me go. Her blond hair reached her waist and her blue eyes stood out agents her porcelain skin, there's a reason she was named after the goddess of beauty and its not the fact that she had the ability to control people's mind.

© 2011 Jordan S


Author's Note

Jordan S
Please ignore all spelling and gramer mistakes, when I paste this onto the text box it never comes out quite right

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Interesting...The plot seemed compelling...I just found the story was rushed...the pace of the story was too fast, It was difficult to get a grasp of what was going on becuse you seemed to jump from scene to scene. Also you changed point of view back and foth a couple times which added to the confusion...I liked the characters and the dialogue but the scenes didn't play out like a movie in my head...they played out more like commercials jumping from shot to shot...all and all..I said you have potential for a cool read...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Interesting...The plot seemed compelling...I just found the story was rushed...the pace of the story was too fast, It was difficult to get a grasp of what was going on becuse you seemed to jump from scene to scene. Also you changed point of view back and foth a couple times which added to the confusion...I liked the characters and the dialogue but the scenes didn't play out like a movie in my head...they played out more like commercials jumping from shot to shot...all and all..I said you have potential for a cool read...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 7, 2011
Last Updated on April 7, 2011

Author

Jordan S
Jordan S

Moutian View, CA



About
Simply ask if you wish to know, send all questions to: [email protected] more..

Writing