The Beautiful Nighmare

The Beautiful Nighmare

A Story by Ethan Bartiromo
"

The title is a joke playoff of a Beyonce song. I made this for my writing class in school.

"

The Beautiful Nightmare

 

Once upon a Halloween, a group of mischievous adolescents were refusing to go trick-or-treating.  When they finally got out of having to go, Charlie pitched the idea to go over his creepy Aunt Lillian’s house.  He thought “What could possibly go wrong?” and he’s about to find out.  They started on the way to her house.  They rode their bikes down a main road about 15 minutes, and then Charlie said to turn, standing at the precipice of woods.  Sarah questioned Charlie, “You do know that’s all just woods, right?”  Charlie came back with a sarcastic remark of, “I know, I told you she was creepy didn’t I?”

 

          The group keeps going on the trek to Charlie’s aunt’s house, abandoning their bikes on the side of the road due to the bumpiness of the woods.  Gabe, the slowest one in the group, was starting to lose ground and yelled, “Guys, wait up for me!”  As a joke, Charlie started running, so Sarah followed.  Gabe just couldn’t keep up and fell down in the creepy somber woods.  Then Charlie saw little animals chasing the spot where Gabe fell down.  He started telling Sarah, “He’s obviously playing a joke on us, and he’s definitely heard the stories of little kobolds, whatever those are, chasing people around in these woods.  He’ll catch up with us sooner or later, I promise.”

 

          Charlie and Sarah got to the house, and they felt a gloomy and ominous sensation.  They could feel the blood moving inside them, contorting through their malleable bodies.  They step off the front porch of the very dismal house wondering what is going on.  His aunt laughs very loudly, and comes to the door.  “Come on in Sugar, who’s this fine young lady?”  “Come on Lillian, We’re just friends.”  “How dare you call me by my first name, you should know better!”  “I’m Sorry Aunt Lillian,” putting sarcastic emphasis on the word “aunt.”

 

          Sarah is in the corner looking at Aunt Lillian’s stuff.  She notices a flag of a Pentagram on the wall and goes to touch it.  Suddenly she gets sucked into the flag, and disappears in thin air.  Charlie Screams, “What the heck just happened?”  Aunt Lillian assures that it is fine.  “Well where did she just go?”  “She went into the Netherworld.”  “How is that at all fine?”  She whispers in a heroic tone, “Because we’re going in to save her, take my hand.” 

 

 

So they jump in, it is very hot as he can see the fire burning around them, igniting his skin at the touch.  “OWW,” He screamed at the top of his lungs, his voice cracking in the moment!  “How is this even possible,” Charlie asked quietly.  “Anything is possible to many.  You, your father, and I are but the most powerful of them all though.”  They go on Looking everywhere for Sarah while trying not to soil himself in fear.  They walk past Satan’s Throne, luckily he is not there at the time, that got Charlie thinking, why isn’t he there.

 

          Maybe he noticed intruders and went to go punish them, but Sarah intruded first so she is in big trouble.  Charlie and Aunt Lillian start running to find Sarah.  Aunt Lillian says to split up to find her faster and Charlie questions this concept, “Are you crazy, we’re literally in Hell, for crying out loud?”  Aunt Lillian asks, “Do you want to find her or not?”  Then he builds up enough courage to softly say, “Of course.”  Now they go on their way and split up.  After what seemed like hours of looking, but in real time was only 17 minutes, Charlie found Sarah.  Sarah was not in any danger, and was happier than Charlie even thought possible in this situation.

 

          She had become an adversary against all humans.  It seemed as if some sort of specter had possessed her.  He told the spirit possessing her body to get out of her.  “How are you unaffected, repugnant child?”  Charlie starts yelling, “I’m not going to tell you again,” his voice getting gradually deeper to a non-human extent, “GET OUT OF HERRR!!!”  Charlie got so angry he accidentally tapped into his magic.  He did get that spirit out.  However, he was so powerful he ended up killing Sarah in the time being.

 

          Aunt Lillian came sprinting over, hearing the ruckus.  She was not the only one who heard it though.  Satan came over and started introducing himself sarcastically, “Hello I am Satan, You may not know me personally, but I know each and everyone of you in the Earthly Dimension.  I call my slave, the Grim Reaper to take you all away when the time is right, but you just did the honors for me my friend.  You killed one of your dearest friends, or should I say your only friend left, as a gift to thou hallowed one Satan.”  Charlie Balling his eyes, screaming, “Take me instead!”  “What?”  “I am a threat to you right, with my powers, bring her back immortally and take ME instead!”

 

Satan laughs at the pitiful idea.  He asks Aunt Lillian, “Is this child being quintessential or is he playing games with me?”  “I think he is a truthful child.”  “Well than, Let it be!”  Charlie is very nervous about the honesty of the known “Root of All Evil.”  He looks into the future very apprehensively.  Charlie speaks out of line, “Bring her back first.”  “That wasn’t the deal Sugar.”  “The only reason you want me gone is because you are vulnerable to my magic!”  “Lies,” Satan declares!  “Like Lillian said, I’m a truthful child.”  “ENOUGH!”  Charlie still goes on exasperating Satan too much.

 

“For this I should banish you from this realm.”  Charlie then says, “For that I should banish you from the Earthly realm.”  With anger and honesty, he brings back Sarah.  Then Charlie said, “Perhaps I’m defter than you would think.  Wow a child beat you at your own game, that’s just sad.”  And he vanished, along with Sarah and Aunt Lillian.  Charlie started asking Aunt Lillian, “Why did tha…”  She cut him off, “It happened because it needed to.”  Suddenly Charlie woke up, it was 5 o’clock Halloween night, and Gabe, Sarah and him went Trick-or-treating all night long!



Written by Ethan Bartiromo

Handed in October 20, 2016

© 2016 Ethan Bartiromo


Author's Note

Ethan Bartiromo
This was revised multiple times by Autocorrect, My teachers, and I; If you find any spelling or grammar issues please note them.

The underlined words are my Vocabulary Words, pay no attention to them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
Added on October 24, 2016
Last Updated on October 24, 2016
Tags: Halloween, Story, Wizards, Satan