Beautiful Moon

Beautiful Moon

A Story by Ashleyy Lovee
"

After a horrible accident, Luna wakes up forgetting the past two years of her life. Will she be able to resume her old life or will things change for her?

"

1.

            It felt like sleep. Everything was peaceful. I was calm and relaxed. There was a color about this feeling, like almost white but not quite. It was quiet and I was alone.

            A surge of electricity brought me away from the not quite white feeling. I felt like I was moving, flying almost. Peeking my eyes open, I saw bright lights moving past me. It obscured my vision, the brightness. I closed my eyes again, hearing a steady beeping.

            Beep.

            “She’s stabilizing.”

            Beep.

            “We need to get her to the OR, stat.”

            Beep.

            My head felt like a five-ton weight was crushing it. I felt a mask being placed over my mouth and nose. The not-white feeling was calling out to me and the sounds around me became quieter and quieter.

            Beep.

            I opened my eyes a second time and saw a lone figure in the distance, coming towards me in a floating manner. The figure turned into a ghost from my past, calling a name I haven’t heard in over a decade.

            “My dear Moon Child, it is not your time. Why are you here?”

            “Mom? Did I die?”

            She shook her head, her long, blonde curls shaking slightly back and forth. Her emerald eyes sparkled with a glimmer of happiness but looked dark with sadness at the same time, a soft smile rested on the plump lips of her heart shaped face. Her olive skin was the same tone as mine, though she was taller and curvier. Aside from my auburn hair and grey eyes, I was her spitting image.

            “No my Moon Child, but you’re not very alive either. Your soul became lost while the doctors were operating on you, putting your body into a vegetative state. You’re in the Between, where souls prepare themselves to cross over.”

            I must have looked completely confused because she put her arm around me and continued.

            “You were in a very bad accident.”

            The area around us changed to a street in my town. I saw my sky blue Bug traveling down the road with myself behind the wheel. The stoplight ahead of me changed to red and my car came to a stop. Within seconds, two cars slammed into mine. A car not far behind me didn’t stop and rear ended me, sending me forward into the intersection as another car drove through their green light, hitting my passenger side.

            I didn’t remember any of this happening, though by the impact of the first car it looks as though my head was slammed off my steering wheel, hard.

            “It’s a good thing you were wearing your seatbelt. If there was another oncoming car, you might not have made it to the hospital.”

            The scenery changed again, showing the same area no less than half an hour after the accident. Police and paramedics were everywhere. The two other drivers were speaking to officers as paramedics removed my body from the car and placed it on a gurney. I looked over at my mom.

            “So, if I’m not ready to cross over, why are you here? You’ve been gone for almost twelve years. You should’ve been crossed over by now.”

            She chuckled. “As I have, Beautiful Moon, but when your soul arrived you needed guidance. Imagine if you woke up to nothing and it stayed like that for eternity. You’d truly be lost. There is always a familiar to greet you.”

            She leaned over and hugged me. There were so many questions I had to ask, get to know her more. I started to speak when I noticed the scenery changed once more to the calm, not-white color feeling and I was alone.

            There was another electric shock and then everything faded black.

© 2017 Ashleyy Lovee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on December 30, 2016
Last Updated on January 2, 2017
Tags: romance, drama, car accident, amnesia, memory loss

Author

Ashleyy Lovee
Ashleyy Lovee

Nazareth, PA



About
Hello! I've been writing for about ten years now, I just have too many ideas in my brain that never get finished. I live with my boyfriend in a house perfect for just us two. I enjoy making new friend.. more..

Writing
Kyler Kyler

A Chapter by Ashleyy Lovee


Tayla Tayla

A Chapter by Ashleyy Lovee