Kyo's not-so-bad day

Kyo's not-so-bad day

A Story by Ashley
"

A Dir en Grey fanfic I wrote for my Imaginative Writing class

"

 

‘It’s beginning to look like another bad day,’ Kyo thought to himself as he hurried through the Harajuku district of Tokyo, Japan. Not that he had any exceptionally good days. Ever since he lost his wife and son in a car crash a few years ago, his life has been mundane at best and terrible at worst. Today was definitely one of the terrible ones. So far, he woken up late, missed breakfast, yelled at his manager, first for not telling him before that there was a formal dance tonight, second for actually thinking that he had the right to tell him, the almighty vocalist of the band Dir en Grey, that he had to go or else he would stop buying cigarettes for him. The nerve of that man, daring to threaten him with cigarette deprivation. As if he had time to get them himself, what with all the rehearsals and the formal functions that that insolent man crammed into his life! Kyo had been so outraged that he stomped out without a word, completely forgetting that he was a famous singer who shouldn’t go out without some sort of disguise, and stubbing his toe in the exiting process. Once outside, he, alas, narrowly avoided getting glomped by a bunch of rabid fangirls who were lurking outside the hotel lobby. Only by darting into a group of cosplayers was he able to escape them. How they found out where he was staying he would never know. ‘Someone in the crew must’ve told them. Who else would send the information to the Dir en Grey fan base?’ he thought, the sadistic part of his mind fantasizing about what he would do if he found out who the leak was. It’d probably be something very painful, like disemboweling them with a dull, rusty knife. Yes, it’d have to be a dull rusty knife. That’d hurt a lot more than using a sharp one, and pain is what the leak deserves for putting him through this. He was so wrapped up in his demented thoughts that he failed to notice the figure barreling towards him at top speed until it was too late.
 
Kyo collided with the unknown person, both of them sprawling on the sidewalk, winded. He sprang to his feet in a flash, getting ready to deliver a series of scathing invectives to the person who has accosted him so roughly. He stopped dead, his eyes taking in the girl before him. She was short. She was even shorter than him, and that was saying something, considering he was only 5’2”. She looked about 20 or 21, with pale skin, and dark blonde hair that swept past her shoulders. Her face was elfin in appearance, with an adorable heart-like shape, full lips, and hazel almond-shaped eyes. She wore a cute red puff-sleeved dress that went to just above her knees. It fit her quite well. ‘She’s really cute,’ he thought, his eyes unconsciously looking her up and down, making her blush. “Sorry about running into you like that,” she said quietly, drawing his gaze to her face. “I guess I wasn’t watching where I was going.” Kyo shrugged, his anger already gone. “Don’t worry about it.” For a few seconds she stared at him, her eyes widening with realization. “You’re Kyo, aren’t you? You’re the singer of Dir en Grey.” His eyes narrowed. “You’re not one of those crazy fangirls, are you?” “Of course not!! I just happen to like your music.” She defended, sounding hurt. “Oh. Okay. I was just making sure that you’re not. Fangirls annoy me. They always call me cute, which I’m not. I am a scary warumono.” She snorted. “Whatever you say, kawaiimono.” He glared at her until he saw the laughter in her eyes. She started chuckling. “I was only teasing, Kyo-kun. You really are a scary guy.” “Good. That’s the way I’m supposed to be.” He said, then realizing something. “You have the advantage over me, for you know my name and I don’t know yours.” he stated. “Oh. Right. My name’s Brigitte. Brigitte Baptiste-Drollet.” “Hmmm…That name sounds familiar.” he paused, trying to remember where he heard it from. Just then, his stomach decided to cut through his mind’s musings with a loud grumble that could be heard two blocks away. Brigitte burst out laughing. “Wow, someone must be really hungry. Do you want to get some lunch? There’s a great sushi bar just around the corner called Sushi Oishi.” “I can’t. I left my wallet at the hotel I’m staying at.” “Don’t worry about it. It’ll be my treat. Think of it as an apology for bowling you over,” she assured. Kyo smiled impishly, his brown eyes sparkling with delight. He hadn’t felt this comfortable with anyone in years, even though he had just met Brigitte. He found himself saying, “Okay, but next time it’s my treat.” ‘There’s going to be a next time?’ Brigitte thought, excited, then replied aloud. “That suits me just fine. Let’s go.”
 
Sometime later…. Sometime later found Brigitte and Kyo snacking on nigirizushi inside Sushi Oishi, conversing between bites. “So…Where’re you originally from,” Kyo asked Brigitte. “I’m from America. New York City, New York, to be exact. I moved here about a year ago.” Kyo stared at her in disbelief. “Really? I thought you lived here longer. You speak Japanese very well.” She blushed, feeling pleased. “That’s only because I took Japanese for 6 years before actually coming to Japan. There are still some parts I’m rough on.” Kyo scoffed, “Your Japanese is still a lot better than most of the foreigners that visit our country.” She shrugged, “I guess it is.” So…” He trailed off, thinking about what else he wanted to ask. “Why’d you choose to live here?” She paused in thought. “I guess I’ve always wanted to leave America and move here. After all, Japan is my favorite country. Everyone’s so nice here, and you don’t have as much crap going on here as you do in America. Plus, there’re a lot of things that went on there that I wanted to forget. So I decided to start a new life here.” “What things could possibly have happened that you would want to forget,” he asked, raising a pierced eyebrow. “Oh… Just a lot of things. I’d rather not talk about it.” She replied, looking uncomfortable. “Okay…” A tense silence followed, which was broken by the ringing of a cellphone. They both jumped, Kyo’s hand going to the pocket of his ripped jeans and Brigitte’s going down the front of her dress. Brigitte’s hand got to her phone first, pulling it out of her bra. “Sumimasen, Kyo-kun. I need to take this call.” She said before flipping open the phone. “Moshi moshi?”
 
            Dead silence greeted her. She blushed, flipping her phone closed and looking over at Kyo, who had fished his phone out of his jeans and flipped it open, looking amused. He pushed the green button and answered it, smirking. “Moshi moshi.” “Where the hell are you?!?” a voice boomed out of his phone, causing him to wince and hold his hand to his ear. It was Kaoru, the main guitarist and leader of Dir en Grey. “Ka-Kaoru-san? What is it?” Kyo asked in a shaky voice. He didn’t mean for his voice to quaver, but man, Kaoru was terrifying when he was pissed. Plus, he had really sensitive ears, and Kaoru’s voice had just about shattered his eardrum. “Answer the question, baka. Where are you,” Kaoru’s voice growled through the receiver. “I’m out grabbing a bite to eat with a friend.” Kyo blurted out before he could stop himself. Too late. He’d said the wrong thing. “You’re out with a friend?!? You should be trying to find a date for the dance, you a*s! And since when do you have any friends in Tokyo?” Kaoru’s voice erupted out of the phone, causing Kyo to hold the phone at arm’s length with a petrified look on his face. “Since today,” he squeaked, before attempting to continue in a more manly voice instead of one that made him sound like someone had just grabbed him by the balls. “We just met today. Or rather, ran into each other. Literally. She felt bad about knocking me over, so she treated me to sushi as an apology.” “Oh. Well, why don’t you ask her to be your date?” Kyo glanced over at Brigitte, panicking. “I can’t do that! I just met her!! Besides, she doesn’t seem like the type who likes formal events.” “Just ask her, baka! Or else you’re going to be the only one at the dance without a date,” Kaoru cried, exasperated. “Fine. I’ll ask her,” Kyo said sullenly, setting the phone on the table and turning to Brigitte. His eyes met hers. He blushed, suddenly feeling very shy, though he couldn’t find the reason why. “Say, Brigitte…” He started, moistening his suddenly dry lips. “Would you like to go to a dance tonight?” She blinked, slightly taken aback. “You mean, as your date?” He nodded slightly, bracing himself for her rejection. She smiled brightly, ignoring the butterflies fluttering around in her stomach. “Sure. I’d love to.” “Seriously? You want to go as my date? Even though we just met?” Kyo asked, incredulous. She nodded, still smiling. A gleeful smile slowly slid onto his face. ‘Maybe this won’t be so bad after all,’ he thought. “Hold on a sec.” He turned back to the phone. “Kaoru? You still there?” “Of course I’m still here, idiot.” Kaoru snapped. “Oh. Good.” Kyo said, relieved. “So… I take it you asked her, judging by how long you kept me on the line. What did she say?” Kaoru sounded impatient. “She said she’d be my date.” “Good. Now, I want both of you to get your butts back to the hotel quickly.” Kyo double-blinked. “Why? The dance isn’t until tonight.” “Yes, but I want to meet her and introduce her to the other band members. After all, she is going to be spending the evening with us. Plus, I want to tell her more about the dance since I’m sure that you barely told her anything.” Kaoru shot, an accusing tone in his voice. Kyo clenched his teeth. “Fine. We’ll be there.” He gritted out. “You’d better be.” And without another word, the line went dead. Kyo sighed, closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose. “What’s up?” Brigitte asked. Kyo opened his eyes and gazed at Brigitte, who looked concerned. “Apparently, Leader-sama wants to meet you. And when I say Leader-sama, I of course mean Kaoru, our very charming and eloquent lead guitarist and main music composer.” He said, rolling his eyes. She chuckled, “So I guess we should out of here before ‘Leader-sama’ gets impatient and decides to hunt us down.” “Most definitely. Especially since I do not particularly feel like being throttled today, which he probably would do.” And so, after paying, they started the long trek to the hotel.
 
When they got to the hotel lobby, the desk clerk told them that Kaoru was waiting for them in the room designated as their rec room. Kyo sighed in relief. ‘If he’s in the rec room, he must not be too pissed,’ he thought. He made his way to the rec room, Brigitte following close behind him. When they reached the room, Kaoru was lounging on one of the couches smoking a cigarette. "Alright, Kaoru... We're here. Now what's this about," Kyo asked, tapping his foot impatiently. Kaoru glanced over at Kyo, before settling his eyes on the girl beside him. In one smooth motion, he put the cigarette in the ashtray and got to his feet, holding his hand out for her to shake. "I am Kaoru Niikura. And you are?" He asked as she shook his hand. "Brigitte Baptiste-Drollet." Kaoru wrinkled his forehead as he tried to remember why that name seemed familiar. "What's going on here," a sultry voice purred, and a second later the owner of the voice entered the room. Kaoru's eyes lit up. "Toshiya!!" He squealed, jumping into Toshiya's arms. Toshiya held him in his arms for a few minutes before his eyes alighted on the newcomer. He set Kaoru down gently, surveying the girl with interest. "Who is this lovely lady?" He asked, looking her up and down with a lascivious grin on his pretty face. "I'm Brigitte Baptiste Drollet," she replied. "Enchante, my dear. I am Hara Toshimasa. But you can just call me Toshiya. I'm Dir en Grey's bassist," He said, kissing her hand. Kaoru thumped him across the head. "Quit hitting on her in front of your boyfriend." Toshiya looked sheepish. "Oops. Sorry about that. I didn't mean to make you jealous." Kaoru glared at Toshiya. "Just don't do it again. Or else." "Or else what?" Toshiya lifted his eyebrow, smirking. "Or else I might end up killing you." Kyo growled. Toshiya's eyes went wide in shock. "Why?" He asked. "Are you two dating?" Kyo blushed a scarlet color. "N-no..." He stuttered, suddenly at a loss for words. "Then why do you care if I hit on her? I mean, I can understand Kaoru being jealous, but not you." Toshiya said, before a light came into his eyes. "Unless, of course, you like her." he whispered into his ear. Kyo turned an even brighter shade of red. "I-I don't," he stuttered hopelessly. "If you say so," Toshiya stated, looking skeptical. Kyo glared at Toshiya, who glared right back. Their glaring contest was interrupted by the last two members of Dir en Grey coming into the room, laughing at some joke they shared. The red-haired one stopped dead, his eyes alighting on Brigitte, who was staring at him, shocked. “Daisuke?” She whispered.
 
Time seemed to stand still as the two stared at each other, each not believing what they were seeing. Finally, laughing, Brigitte flung herself at him, enveloping him in a tight hug. The rest of the band members blinked, looking very confused. “How do you know Die?” Kaoru asked. “You mean Daisuke? We met in America. Of course, I had no idea that he was a member of a famous Japanese band. He never bothered to mention it. Even though he was staying at my place.” She mock-glared at Die, who looked apologetic. "I didn't think it mattered.” “It didn't, but it still would've been nice to know. And also you said you were gonna keep in touch but you didn't.” “I'm sorry. I've been busy. My crazy manager always has me booked for rehearsals and whatnot. But I did talk about you a lot." Comprehension dawned on three of the members. Toshiya was off on his own little world of perverted fantasies, so he didn’t hear a word that Die said. “So that’s where we heard your name from,” Kyo stated. Die smiled a dazzling smile. “Yep!” He turned to Brigitte. “So, Brigitte… What are you doing here? By here, I mean both in the hotel we’re staying at and in Tokyo.” “Well, the Tokyo part is easy. I live here and have been living here for a year. As for the ‘in your hotel’ part, it’s kind of a long story. I guess you could say Kyo invited me. I’m his date to the dance tonight.” Everyone except Kyo and Kaoru looked surprised. Kaoru looked smug, and Kyo just blushed. Toshiya started chuckling. “So that’s why you were jealous. You lucky stud.” Kaoru thumped him again. “Stop it. You’re embarrassing Kyo.” Toshiya looked apologetic. “Sorry, Kyo.” “So, anyway…” Brigitte interrupted in an attempt to change the subject. “Kaoru, tell me more about this dance. I mean, what should I wear, and what time is it?” “The dance starts at ten and goes until three in the morning. You should wear a gown or really fancy dress. We’ll pick you up in a limo at your place at 9:30. Where do you live?” Kaoru asked. She gave the address. “Oh, I know where that is. We’ll be there.” Brigitte nodded. “Okay. I have one more question, though. What’s this dance actually for? Is it a charity dance, or something.” Kaoru looked thoughtful. “I guess you could say that it’s kind of a meetup between J-rockers and J-pop stars. A lot of famous singers and bands are going to be there.” “Cool. Sounds like fun.”
 
While Brigitte and Kaoru were talking, Die pulled Kyo into another room. “You like her, don’t you?” He asked. Kyo looked flabbergasted. “How could I? I just met her, for god’s sake!” Die snorted. “Since when does that matter?” Kyo gave in, looking resigned. “Fine. You’re right. I do like her. A lot. I guess I just can’t help it. I feel really comfortable with her, which I’ve rarely felt with anyone, except for maybe you guys. Even though I just met her, it feels as if I’ve known her for a very long time. She’s really funny and intelligent. And, on top of that, she’s cute. Really cute. Alright, she’s downright adorable. That’s why I feel so bad for thinking about her like this. I feel like I’m a pervert for liking such a young girl, but I just can’t help it. What I hate the most is that it feels like I’m betraying my wife’s memory.” Die sighed, “Kyo, I think it’s time you moved on. Remembering your wife isn’t going to bring her back. She’s dead. You’re alive. You can only be happy if you move on.” “It’s hard, though.” Kyo said, tears pooling in the corner of his eyes. “It hurts knowing that she’s never going to come back no matter how much I want her to.” Die looked at him with a pitying look on his face. “I know it hurts, but it’s the only way. Only by moving on can you be free. It’s okay to remember her in a fond light, but dwelling on her like this can only hurt you in the end. I’m sure she’d want you to be happy.” Kyo sniffled. “You’re right. It is time to move on.And hopefully tonight will be just what I need to help me.” Die’s face turned deadly serious. “Let me warn you, though. If you dare hurt her, you’ll have to answer to me. I think of her as a little sister, and will do anything to protect her. She’s already been hurt enough.” Kyo’s eyes narrowed. “By who? Who dared to hurt her?” “Her mother, for starters. She put her through a bunch of crap. Plus she’s been hurt by a bunch of guys. With all the crap people put her through, it’s no wonder she left America and moved here.” Kyo looked solemn. “I give you my word, on pain of death, that I will not harm her. Instead, I will protect her from all those who do try to harm her.” Die smiled. “Good. I will do so as well.” “So then let’s head back to the room and make sure that the others, particularly Toshiya, don’t try anything.” And so they did.
 
When they got back to the room, Brigitte was sitting on the couch talking with Shinya, the drummer and resident girlyboy of Dir en Grey. The two of them were gossiping about the latest fashions and whatnot. Toshiya and Kaoru were sitting on one of the armchairs making out. Kyo smirked at Die. “Someone’s going to get lucky after the dance tonight.” Die rolled his eyes. “That is unless they start screwing right now. Or on the dance floor. Or in one of the bathrooms. You know those two don’t care where they do it. Or who sees them.” Kyo shuddered. “True. I do remember walking in on them quite a few times.” He smiled and said, “What I’m most surprised at is how comfortable your boyfriend is with Brigitte. I mean, he never talks to anyone outside of the band, and rarely talks to people in it, except for you. How you ever got him to go out with you, I will never know.” Now it was Die’s turn to smirk. “That, my dear boy, is for me to know and you never to find out.” Finally, Kaoru came up for air. “I think we’ll be ready to take you home soon,” he panted. Brigitte looked over. “You take as long as you need to relieve your… tension.” She stated with a knowing grin on her face. Kaoru’s eyes widened, and a s**t-eating grin formed on Toshiya’s face. “Well, in that case… Come along, dear Kaoru.” He led Kaoru to the nearest bathroom, shutting the door behind them. “Uh Brigitte… you do realize that they probably won’t be out for a while.” Kyo said. She smirked. “I know. I just didn’t want Leader-sama to have any ‘problems’ when driving me home. At the rate Toshiya was going, he probably already did.” The band members stared at her for a few seconds before starting to chuckle. “I just remembered why I liked you so much, kid.” Die said, ruffling her blond hair. “I thought I told you not to call me ‘kid’, Daisuke.” She said, pouting. He smirked. “If you stop calling me Daisuke, I’ll stop calling you kid.” “Fine, Die. Now why don’t you come and sit next to your boyfriend? He’s been missing you.” Die looked at Shinya, who was pouting. He hurried over to him, leaving Kyo standing there awkwardly. Brigitte patted a space next to her. “Have a seat, Kyo.” He sat down, looking unsure. “I’m not going to bite you, you know. Make yourself comfortable. We’re gonna be here for a while.” He sat back, and was surprised when Brigitte’s head settled on his shoulder. “So Brigitte…What were we talking about?” Shinya said, cuddling hard into Die’s shoulder. “Latest fashion designers, I think.” Brigitte replied. “Oh yes. Well…” Sometime later, Toshiya and Kaoru emerged from the bathroom, both looking very disheveled. “So, are you ready to go?” Kaoru asked, slightly out of breath. She nodded. “Okay then. Let’s get you home so you can get ready for tonight.” He turned to the others. “So are you guys coming too?” They all nodded. "Alright. Then Shinya, you're going to have to sit on Die's lap." Shinya shrugged. "Suits me just fine." "Alright then. Let's go." And so they all piled into Kaoru's car. Along the way, Brigitte had them all laughing as she recounted the class prank that her class pulled its senior year and various other exploits. When they got to Brigitte's place, everyone seemed reluctant to say goodbye to her. "Guys... It's not like I won't see you again. It's just for a little while." Kyo sighed, then slid over and opened the door for her. She gave Shinya, then Die a hug, then clambored out of the car. "Cheer up, Kyo-kun. Tonight's gonna be a fun night." She said, kissing him on the cheek and giving him a hug before waving at the car and darting inside. As Kyo looked at her retreating figure, he couldn't help but think 'Yes. Yes, it is.'

© 2008 Ashley


Author's Note

Ashley
Any comments? Should I separate it into chapters or not?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on June 3, 2008
Last Updated on December 10, 2008

Author

Ashley
Ashley

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I Am... A huge music lover. Especially Japanese music. Extremely hyper. A huge animal lover. A fun-loving and daring person that likes to try new things. Not afraid to be myself. A lover of natur.. more..

Writing