holding on

holding on

A Story by asmajd

on the top of the ledge, the little finch stares the wide spread ocean. silence and absolute nothingness in her mind. She remembers how all of the highly praised fellows would tell her about their journey of flying miles to the other corner of the world. How all the others would praise them for their courage and bravery of standing the storms and heat of deserts, even she would admire it and wanted to be cheered as them someday.
Being great takes nothing but to build a huge building of courage, climb it and jump from its top to the bottom knowing that this might finish me off or teach me how to land strong on my feet, being great takes nothing but to pull the trigger to shoot the first life and after that killing becomes easy.
she takes a deep breath and tells herself, hold on... this is what happens to me every time, every chance life offered me , i feared, i was scared to risk myself but again the worse i have imagined and feared to suffer has happened to me.
she thinks nothing and plunges, dives in from the top of the cliff to the base of the hill just over the ocean, she
lets the air resist her energy and she cuts the air with the edge of her feathers. There are no second thoughts and no doubts left in her mind, she feared nothing but departure, nothing but leaving where she lodged all those years, the nest where she survived the rains and the thunders, she had this strange love for this shelter of hers.
 she returns to the same ledge and looks down at her other fellows who are gathering to fly away to the other continent in a while, she knew she just had a few moments to be as Great as she wanted to be, to be the queen of her dreams, to occupy the top most level of greatness in her mind for herself , the leader of the migrating flock makes the final call and they all fly....she watch them fly towards the north, so many of them together,cheering, enjoying, about to be great ...the red sunrays of the setting sun cuts through a couple of separated clouds and only hits her ledge , where she stands compromising and still happy...she flies back to her nest to rest in peace. she is happy for being loyal in return to what have been loyal to her for so long...

© 2013 asmajd


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on July 21, 2013
Last Updated on July 21, 2013
Tags: holdon, faith, loyal, love

Author

asmajd
asmajd

peshawar, khyber pukhtunkhwa, Pakistan



About
ordinary observant person whose words spill on a white paper only more..

Writing