The Ring of Mharb

The Ring of Mharb

A Book by Athena Ramos
"

Based on a very weird dream that I had : Kida and her friends were taken back in time to look for a mysterious guy who can save her dying cousin Angel

"

© 2010 Athena Ramos


Author's Note

Athena Ramos
when you see any mistakes, please point it out. don't just say "there's a wrong tense on the third paragraph" i need it to be "you made a mistake ________ it's supposed to be ______"
english is not my first language so i apologize..

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have a great start going here, but Ch. 6 needs a bit of substance. I think you knew that already though =)

Be careful of using the word "you" in writing, outside of conversations. It just doesn't have a place, since you are directly tying your reader to the story at hand, and you can't assume that the reader will always have a connection to that moment in the story. It will cause readers to lose track of who is speaking, and if you mean them, or maybe someone else in the story at the time.

"Apparently when you take acceleration summer classes, you can finish your thesis by the end of the 7th semester." (Taken from Ch. 2)

"Apparently a person can finish their thesis by the end of the seventh semester when they take accelerated summer classes."

Try to add a bit of flavor to your conversations. Some of them seem like mexican standoffs. Adding a bit of environmental detail or changes in body language can liven a normally boring conversation into something memorable.

“Rya! What’s with the locked door?!” it was Kida banging on the door.

The girl in the red veil stood up and opened the door. “Do you always have to interrupt something?” she asked.

“Hey Angel! What are you doing here?” asked Kida, making her way inside the room as Rya sat down on the floor and picked up some of the mess.

“We were in the middle of something before you interrupted.” answered Angel sounding pretty upset.

^ You will have to work on that yourself as you see fit, but generally one liners like that can leave a conversation feeling rushed and easily forgotten by the reader, making them have to read it over again. This can get tedious after awhile.

Posted 13 Years Ago


http://poeticvoice.ning.com/

We are an online writing community that provides writers with the feedback, motivation, and advice needed to achieve their writing goals.The Poetic Voice Community is fast and easy to join, and you will not get lost in it's easy maneuvering features. We here at Poetic Voice also hope to grow as a community of friends. Our intention, and wish is to learn and share with others. Basically we believe an open mind, and heart can promote growth. We hope to gain an understanding that can stretch and reach around the world.


Posted 13 Years Ago


you are doing very well in this, keep it up, writte slowly and with paitent, i will review when i can ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

708 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 27, 2010
Last Updated on December 27, 2010

Author

Athena Ramos
Athena Ramos

About
I'm a person. A simple person who goes by the name Athena Ramos. I'm a person who dreams a lot and some says that it's just a waste of time. But I can't help it! If i don't dream in my sleep, .. more..

Writing