Today...

Today...

A Story by _Oblivion_

I’m not much of a writer but today is the day.  Every time the phone chimes my heart drops and my stomach turns to knots.  I’ve thought about the countless possibilities this could bring but none of which calm my nerves. The fear and anxiety burns through me like fire on paper. Each quiet moment is filled with thoughts about the unnerving call. I wonder, will they be sympathetic, will they get right to the point, or will they try to sugar coat it like it’s no big deal? I fear not only for myself but for my friends and family too. It’s not only altering my life but theirs as well. I fear the journey rather than the finale, our ends are all the same but our journeys and souls are what make us truly unique. My soul, on the other hand, is betraying me, and everything I’ve hoped to become. It’s testing to see how I fare with a hiccup in the road of life. While this is an unnerving time, it has forced me to think about life and its various qualities. Life is not full of love and prosperity, it’s full of hiccups and challenges, and one would be lucky to have a day go by with only happiness in their heart.  

© 2014 _Oblivion_


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on November 21, 2014
Last Updated on November 21, 2014

Author

_Oblivion_
_Oblivion_

About
Hi everyone! I'm 17 and just an average kid. I enjoy writing to let loose. I would always just write to myself but someone convinced me to share. I'm always happy to have feedback so please critique t.. more..

Writing
Emma Emma

A Chapter by _Oblivion_