The wrong Hitch Hiker

The wrong Hitch Hiker

A Story by A U R i

You’ve just picked up the wrong hitch hiker.

 

It all started one summer night; I was driving back with Vanessa from

Ocean city, Maryland. We had a blast I can truly say the best vacation ever. We were fifteen minutes away from her house when this guy just jumps in front of my car! Crazy right? So I stop the car and get out making sure he’s alright and boy did I get a surprise. I  asked him if he was okay and he said he was, but that he was tiered because he’d been walking all day. He asked if I can give him a ride home, I explained to him that my mother didn’t like me taking strangers home and that I had seen so many scary movies I was afraid to. But he assured me that it was okay and that he wasn’t a psycho killer. As he was talking I was looking him up and down, he definitely looked like a psycho straight out of a lifetime movie. He had shaggy hair and messed up teeth, his eyes looked cross sided or something and something about him just didn’t look right. Even though I questioned taking him home over and over again

I figured I didn’t have a choice even though I knew I did and my conscience was telling me not to let him inside of my car but I did, I guess im just that nice of a person, so  he got in we were 10 minutes away from Vanessa’s house now and I was getting quite nervous I didn’t want to be by myself with him in the car but Vanessa was already late and I didn’t want her to get in trouble. So were talking and the music is blasting to our favorite jam, meanwhile we thought the guy was sleeping so I drop her off at her house and keep driving towards Bethlehem because that’s where he said he lived, he just wouldn’t wake up. What the hell I thought, what should I do damn! Should I throw him out of the car? No that’s just terrible. “Excuse me sir, wake up!” Still no answer and so I did the worst thing I can possibly think of ever doing in my life I got off the high way and parked my car in a rest stop. Totally retarded right? So I stop my car patiently waiting for this weird guy to wake up. Some way some how I feel asleep too! It was so weird when I woke up I was alone! My car was off and I was alone. “Alone”? I said out loud “was it a dream? A nightmare?”  What the hell is going on I thought so I call Vanessa and the first thing she says is “Did he kill you” Oh my god! I totally flipped! So it’s true he was in my car he was in my car and now he’s gone! I was going ballistic when Vanessa tells me to calm down and breathe so I do and I turn my car on and drive away because I got so scared of the situation! So I start explaining to her that I stopped at a rest stop and accidentally fell asleep, and when I woke up he wasn’t there. “Isn’t that a good thing? Shouldn’t you be happy he left” Asked Vanessa “I should but im not, I mean where did he go, why did he go, did he have to go pee should I go back for him, what the f**k! Im so scared! Im just going to go home I guess im scared shitless and im alone! I’ll call you when I get there okay?” “Okay love you be careful” said Vanessa “Kay love you too” I replied and that’s when my nightmare really began. So I get home and I so think im safe. Ha who was I kidding; I sit down and turn the television on plus all the lights because nobody’s home and I feel somebody watching me. Yeah I get pretty paranoid I start to calm down until…

 

The phone rings, I check the caller id and of coarse it’s a private number,

Oh s**t! I think so I pick up “H-H-Hello?” I say (breathing) “who is this?”

I said louder, “Forgot me already” The voice replied “Excuse me, who is this” I said “Why did you leave me, why couldn’t you look for me, do you know you failed the test?” At this point I am thinking what the hell it’s probably Vanessa trying to trick me or something. Once again wrong!

So I say back to him “well was I suppose to Wait?” he replies “No you were suppose to get worried and look for me, that was the test and you know what you lost?” “What” I reply in a demanding way “Your life” (Click)

The phone hangs up. At this time I am scared out of my jeans! I go hysterical I don’t know what to do who to call, should I call the cops? What am I going to tell them? Will they believe me? No probably not im so scared I start talking to myself asking myself questions I know I cant answer. So again I do the worst thing ever, I do what I always yell at the television for when stupid girls run out of the house and land right in the hands of the killer. Yeah, I ran outside! It’s about 12:00am now and im running outside thinking im safer there. I start walking threw the park across the street from my house and a cold shivering hand grabs a hold of my shoulder. I freeze, tears start rolling down my face, I start shaking and trembling, I start feeling like I can’t breathe. Wait, I can’t breathe I feel like im dying, I fall….

 

I wake up with my body aching, I have such a damn headache, the nurse walks in I ask her what happens and as soon as I ask that Vanessa walks in crying I ask her what’s wrong and she starts explaining to me the whole thing was a joke the guy wasn’t really a hitch hiker, I didn’t fall asleep she had put sleeping pills in my soda, A guy didn’t really grab me in the park it was my boyfriend Richie it was all a prank they pulled on me.  To scare me shitless, “As a welcome summer joke” As Vanessa said “It wasn’t suppose to go this far you weren’t suppose to faint im so sorry” Said Vanessa I guess I forgive her I mean she’s my best friend but As relieved as I was I was also so pissed off I mean they took the joke to such another level but its okay because….

 

Pay backs a b***h right?

 

 

© 2008 A U R i


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Even though I questioned taking him home over and over again I figured I didn't have a choice even though I knew I did and my conscience was telling me not to let him inside of my car but I did, I guess im just that nice of a person, so he got in we were 10 minutes away from Vanessa's house now and I was getting quite nervous I didn't want to be by myself with him in the car but Vanessa was already late and I didn't want her to get in trouble.

DUDE, THIS IS ALL ONE SENTENCE. BREAK THAT UP INTO A FEW.


"Alone"? I said out loud "was it a dream? A nightmare?"
THIS IS A GOOD PLACE FOR A NEW PARAGRAPH. REMEMBER, AFTER READING ABOUT 13 LINES IN A ROW ON A COMPUTER SCREEN, A READER'S EYES GET A LIL WACKED OUT. KEEP THE PARAGRAPHS SHORTER.

ok, ill read more later... :)


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
1 Review
Added on May 15, 2008

Author

A U R i
A U R i

iN DEh SUN, FL, Yemen



About
NAME; AURi AGE; 16 lEARNiNg CENTER; DiERUFF HiGH more..

Writing
A HORROR MOViE A HORROR MOViE

A Story by A U R i


Its All About Me Its All About Me

A Stage Play by A U R i