Best Ever Sugar Cookie Recipe

Best Ever Sugar Cookie Recipe

A Story by A. L. Allen
"

Do you love your sugar cookies to be soft and warm, ones that just melt in your mouth? Well, here's the perfect recipe for it, with a new unique way to cook the perfect cookies.

"

Ingredients

·        1 Cup Butter (Soft)

·        2 Cups Sugar

·        2 Eggs

·        ¼ Cup Milk

·        1 Tsp vanilla

·        3 ¾ Cups Flour

·        ½ Tsp Baking Soda

·        ½ Tsp Cream of Tarter

·        ½ Tsp Salt

 

Cooking Instructions

 Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Add butter, sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla to mixing bowl. Mix until there are only small chunks of butter left. Next, add flour, baking soda, cream of tarter, and salt to wet ingredients. Once dough is completely mixed, roll it into balls and bake for 12 min. (or until cookies are done).


Hint: A good way to tell if the cookies are done is to see whether or not the tops have cracks in them, or check to see if the bottoms are slightly golden.

 

Tip: If you want to make the sugar cookies the traditional way (rolling them flat and cutting them), only bake for 8 min.

                        

© 2012 A. L. Allen


Author's Note

A. L. Allen
This is my all time favorite sugar cookie recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can't wait to try your cookie recipe. Will the cookies taste better, if I roll and put them in the fridge before cutting? They sound amazing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Interesting how you go from a baker to a lore master. I almost thing you chose the wrong path with your writing. Besides, the best way to have a best selling book is to write a cook book.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This looks like a great recipe, but I'm a little confused: "roll the cookies like you would for chocolate chip cookies" - I don't roll my chocolate chip cookies, just drop them by the spoonful. Do you mean roll them into a ball?

And by: "make the sugar cookies the traditional way" - do you mean to rolling on a floured surface and cutting out?

Have you ever tried sugar cookies with a bit of nutmeg in them? That is the way my grandmother made them, a unique flavor. Good luck with your writing!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


Coookiesss. Yummm. I totally need to try this. I love baking but none of my sugar cookies come out chewy - they're either gooey or rock hard. So if I want to make chewy cookies, I bake them for 8 minutes or 12 minutes? Also you sad "Once dough is completely mixed, roll the cookies like you would for chocolate chip cookies and place them on the pan." Is this recipe for chocolate chip cookies or sugar cookies?
Can't wait to try it!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ohhh now my mouth is watering >< I want one. :D

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1793 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 18, 2011
Last Updated on January 28, 2012
Previous Versions

Author

A. L. Allen
A. L. Allen

Logan , UT



About
Welcome! I have had a lifetime passion for writing. I started when my father introduced me to the wonders of Microsoft Word on a dinosaur of a computer, and haven't stopped since. I have attempted .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by A. L. Allen