Summer Nostalgia

Summer Nostalgia

A Story by Amy

I met you the summer i graduated. We met and things were good. You were calm and collected. We had fun getting high in the middle of the night, talking about irrelevant things. I'd tell you stories with bad endings, and tell you how i felt about things other people couldn't understand. You always use to listen.
I suppose you became important to me later into the summer, and it's funny because you were unexpected. I think that's what makes you so important. I didn't see you approach my life. I wasn't aware that you'd make me happy and sad. I didn't think you of all people could give me all these intimate feelings. But you did.
We're different now. We couldn't work, and i knew eventually we'd be over. I knew the whole time. I think you knew too.
 I'd like to think it was just really bad timing. Timing seems to always be my problem. 
Even through my nights of despair, nostalgia and reminiscing , i can still feel my summer happiness. 
It might just be me holding onto something that no longer exists. I always question where it went wrong, if i could have done something different, if i could have been better. I suppose that too no longer matters.
These things might not have any importance anymore because our time is up, but they're still kinda important to me. You're still mean something.
I always wonder how you're doing.
 We were never really a "we" but, we were definitely a something. 
I taught you about silver linings; and i hope out of all the things i've said to you, i hope that sticks to you the most.
 I hope that even when all our feelings are gone, we can still look at each other and remember all the good times we've had. 
I hope that we will always remain some type of friends. You have always been good to me. 
Don't forget that no matter what, everything happens for a bigger and more important reason. You might not see why when you're stuck in the situation, or how it could possibly help you. But just remember, even when you're in your deepest hell hole, there will always be a way out. Maybe not an easy way out, but there will always be a way. 
There will always be a silver lining. You have to believe in that much. 
I'm not even sure if you'll see this. I'm not sure if out of the 16 people that will view this, one of them will be you. I might just be writing to no one. This post might just float in cyberspace. Maybe you'll forget this site even exists. Whatever the case may be, i'm hoping that when you do read this, whether it be after you're done with your 12 page essay, or 3 years from now,
you'll remember a girl you met one summer, who had life, ambition and crazy thoughts. You'll remember someone who had too much life. 
Very soon, i might not be the same person you met one blazing hot night; and i might not be the same girl writing this either. 

© 2013 Amy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on December 9, 2013
Last Updated on December 9, 2013
Tags: nostalgia, summer, you

Author

Amy
Amy

About
i like writing a lot, what can i say? This website is confusing as f**k though. 17//NY//Kool more..

Writing
Late Late

A Poem by Amy


Re-meet Re-meet

A Story by Amy


Listen. Listen.

A Story by Amy