FLOW

FLOW

A Story by Nathan Griffin
"

Written in 2012

"

Disrupting the flow of life is preventing the inevitable to happen, death. With all the rivers pointed towards the inevitable and still you choose to turn your river towards the opposite beach then you, yourself are cheating life and are now, therefore, disrupting the flow of creation.

As you, the “cheater” wash up on the beach of death you watch your river ebb away into the eternal darkness. The journey into the abyss has begun, and the eyes of death have proceeded to watch your every breath, waiting for the last one.

The feet of the “cheater” push into the dark, freckled sand as you head into whatever may be ahead of you. Coming up to the tree line you notice the dark, deathly green of the forest, but you must press on. Ghosts seem to pop up in front of your eyes, terrible things seem to stare at you through the thick, dark brush. Are you going mad?

Whatever lies on the forest floor cuts through your skin like hot butter, if only there was enough light to see.  Would you want to see what is down there? or up there? Things may be more terrible than you could imagine, push your mind beyond the brink of ever coming back. No, no, you must push on.

Noises of monkeys and panthers are heard in the distance as you try to find a

comfortable spot in a tree and lay for a rest. The question ponders in your mind, wondering if those are actually animals are terrible things trying to crawl into your imagination making you want to see them. Hop from the tree “cheater” and we may see what lies ahead, for sleep is none while you are here.

Pushing your way through the brush you find yourself upon a helpless human being but as you get closer you notice it is your wife and then.. she’s gone. Your family seems to be standing next to you, but they aren’t there, only death and the creatures that look at you from everywhere, always staring, always watching just like death himself.

You have come across the Cave of Death, you must enter, you can’t go back and now as you wonder what might happen if you try to get back to the beach you hear the faint sound of children playing, not just any children, your children; you enter. Walking through the long narrow hallway you call to your children, they seem to be wanting you to chase them, so you do. Then you get to a large, candlelit room and your children fade through the wall. The Dark Figure from across the room calls in a raspy, booming voice.. “Welcome”.


Beep. Beep. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

© 2015 Nathan Griffin


Author's Note

Nathan Griffin
I don't plan on continuing this story, and it was written almost 4 years ago.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on November 3, 2015
Last Updated on November 3, 2015
Tags: Sadistic, Depression, Despair, Death