the vampire Pendant

the vampire Pendant

A Story by averasweetangel
"

i wrote this acouple years ago and felt like putting it up :) if you like it let me know

"

The Vampire Pendant 

 

Chapter 1 Detention trouble

4-27-07

 

          I flipped back my newly dyed black hair and sighed waiting to get out. I tapped my black painted nails on the old desk. I glanced around my prison cell. Typically the school called it detention, but still it was prison to me. The walls are a boring gray color with paintings of important dates in history. The ceiling was a cleaner color of gray tile, and the floor was also white tile. The chalkboard still had today’s assignment on it. The windows were covered so the room was dark even though it was sunny outside. The only light came from the window behind the teacher.

I glanced at the clock again. Thank god my mom worked till 5 tonight, she would have a fit if she knew I was in detention again for the 3rd time this 9 weeks.

          I smiled remembering why I was here. Not because I didn’t turn in my homework. I was a good student… most of the time. Mostly my attitude was a problem. Pretty much this girl named Beth dissed my new black hair, which was originally blond. I really didn’t like being blond. Everyone though “Hey, she’s a blond. She’s stupid.” That was solved quickly. Well Beth the blond, and stupid cheerleader had it coming.

          My teacher Mr. Daley a.k.a Mr. Dull was asleep in his black-wheeled chair. He was know as Mr. Dull because he taught American Government and was know to drag it out to sound well, dull! He was a nice guy outside of class, he just couldn’t teach to save his life, or anyone else’s.

          He was a short man with brown hair and brown eyes. He was always a nervous, jumpy man. I glanced at the clock again. I got up and walked to Mr. Daley and his brown ancient desk. I tried not to trip in my newly bought black heels. 

“Ahem, Mr. Daley?” I asked careful not to use his nickname. Mr. Daley grunted and woke up. His glasses slipped down his chubby face. They made him look so much older than he really was. He pushed his glasses up on his face.        

          “Yes?” He grunted.

“It’s 4 o’clock, time for me to go.”  I stated to Mr. Daley. He grunted again and said,

“Yeah, yeah. Go ahead, see you tomorrow Celeste.” Then he nodded off to sleep again. I grinned and walked toward the door that leads to freedom.

While I walked I remembered that I could have gotten out of detention if I wanted to. I usually got what I wanted. Oh I know that sounds harsh but seriously I can get myself out of any argument. This one time I was sick and couldn’t go to school for a week. One of the days I was absent their was a government test I had missed. Mr. Daley is a pushy guy (ever though he’s short) and never, I mean never, lets his students get an extra day for a test. I looked him in the eye when he said I was to take a test that, I didn’t study for and I told him I should get another day. Something weird happened besides the fact he said I could take the test the next day I felt something stir in me. Maybe I was sick but I felt like I forced Mr. Daley into doing my biding. Mr. Daley’s eyes glazed over a bit, but still I think I was imagining it. I tried to get out of detention today but I couldn’t. Mr. Dull wouldn’t do my bidding.

I let out a sigh as I walked into the warm fall sun. It was very bright even though it was Friday September the 28th and no school till October.

I dug into my black bag, pulled out my keys, opened my silver car door, and got in. I put the key into the ignition but didn’t start it. I pulled out my mirror and fixed my eyeliner. You know how darker eye shadows were supposed to make you eyes smaller? Well black eyes shadows or eyeliner don’t do that. To me, they make my eyes look bigger.

I sighed while looking at my eyes. The contacts made them a dark gray that was almost black. Of course my eyes are naturally blue. I hated my eye color. I fit right in with the cheerleaders.

Blond hair, blue eyes, skinnier than a stick, and on the shorter side. But thankfully I was not that skinny, I was just a little underweight.

Marie my “mother” though the change was because we moved to the sunny state of California right before the start of my sophomore year. Yeah O.K. whatever. The problem was Marie never told me I was adopted!  Great mom.

 As I drove home I thought back to the horrible day that I found out… It was the middle of summer vacation and we had just moved into the new house. The white house was 2 stories with blue trim around the windows. I was going though the boxes since I was bored out of my mind. I also decided to help my “mom” since she had a rough summer with her new job as a car salesperson. When I was going through them, I organized the papers into the right boxes. (The place was a mess) When I found something I never though possible, my birth certificate. It looked like a normal average day birth records minus the small detain that Marie’s name wasn’t on it. Instead it said someone named Camille Deainl. I was shocked, so I waited to say something till Marie got home from work.

Marie got home at around 5:30 o’clock. I didn’t ask right away. Marie asked what I did all day and I told her… well most of it anyways. I hesitated about the birth certificate. Marie asked what was wrong and I spoke softly. “ Am I adopted or is this certificate fake?” And I put the paper on the table. Marie stared at the paper and asked where I got it. I told her and she nodded slowly, and started to cry. “It’s true.” She said and I left the room.

I left for a week and spend the time in a hotel about 30 minutes away. It pretty much was a blur after. I remember looking at the paper a couple of times, and that finding out my birthday was December 31st. Why would that be changed?  I remember the dull hotel room that I hid in for 7 days. I don’t remember how I convinced myself to go home. Marie cried when I was back. The night I found out I was adopted I had a dream about a women. She looked similar to me now that I think of about it, with blond hair and blue eyes. Anyways the women smiled and pointed at me, but when she held out her hand a dark blackish-purple lighting came out! Once in awhile the dream comes back and I don’t know what it means. I don’t think the woman is Camille, but then again Marie doesn’t have any pictures of her. It’s too weird to accept that my dream is showing my real mom.

S**t! I jumped. The alarm on my phone had gone off saying it was 5pm. Marie will be home! It was tempting to speed to get home quicker.

           I didn’t have to speed to get home, but I was ½ hour late. Sighing I pulled in the driveway and locked the car door. Great I am dead.  

 

© 2010 averasweetangel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

pretty good book if you ask me. continue. at the end, you'll be amazed at how good a job you did. keep it up ! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 26, 2010
Last Updated on March 26, 2010

Author

averasweetangel
averasweetangel

youngstown, OH



About
Hey my name is Krista and i live in Ohio. until this year i have only written 2 poems willing the rest have been for school assigments. now since ive been through alot this past year and made a really.. more..

Writing