Twisted nursery rhyme (crooked man and Curly locks)

Twisted nursery rhyme (crooked man and Curly locks)

A Screenplay by chaotic katie
"

I made some corny rhymes

"

*Original Rhyme is read by a child*

 

Crooked Man-  I’m sick  of this lonely crooked life I lead. My crooked cat has perished, along with his crooked mouse, and now I am alone in this crooked little house.

 

*he sighs and looks out his window, noticing curly Locks*

 

Crooked man- She’s beautiful,  but one cannot love one as crooked as I, never mind, I must try!

 

 

 

*The next day, he waits on a bench near the path she walks every day. He picks a flower, plucking the petals and doubting himself*

 

*Curly locks enters, noticing Crooked man*

 

Curly locks- Hello!

 

*Crooked man looks around then points to himself, questioningly*

 

Curly locks- Well who else would I be talking to, the trees?

 

Crooked man- Sorry, but I was a bit taken by surprise, nobody ever talks to one as crooked as I.

 

Curly Locks-  Give me your hand, you crooked man, together we, shall explore the land.

 

*He smiles and takes her hand, and they walk together*

 

 

 

*They met on the same path every day, and today, crooked man felt especially brave.*

 

Crooked man- *saying original curly locks rhyme and presenting her with flowers * Curly locks, curly locks, won’t you be mine. You shall not wash dishes nor feed the swine, but sit on a cushion and sew a fine seam, and sup upon strawberries, sugar and cream.

 

Curly locks- Yes, I would be honored to be yours, but what kind of bride would I be if I didn’t do at least some of the chores

 

Crooked man-Don’t worry your pretty little head, you shall never lift a finger until I am dead.

 

*Curly locks shrugs her shoulders and smiles as he insists and they walk along together*

 

 

*Crooked man has become protective of curly locks, she feels  imprisoned. This isn’t at all what the poor girl envisioned*

 

Curly locks- Oh, how I long to be free, and there is none to blame but foolish me.

 

Curly  locks- I know this cannot be my fate, in the night, I plan to escape.

 

*crooked man hears her murmuring to herself and decides to keep an eye on her*

 

*Later that night, curly locks finds the key, filling her with a gleam of delight*

 

Curly locks- I have found the key, now at last I can be free!

 

*Crooked man can’t believe what she just said, so he knocks a vase onto her head*

 

Crooked man-*cries upon her*  I’ve knocked this vase upon her head and now my only love is dead.

 

Crooked man- No, no. not dead. You’re just sick my dear, I’ll carry you to bed.

 

*he picks her up and carries her to the bedroom, tucking her in*

 

 

*It is true, the girl did die, until one day, when her body would rise*

 

*Her eyes shoot open with glee, Curly locks is now a zombie*

 

Crooked man- My bride, my bride at last you rise.

 

Curly locks- Yes my dear, now face your demise.

 

*She throws another vase at him and he too  dies*

 

 

*crooked man has died, but  he too, will rise*

 

Crooked man- I’ve had the chance to rise, and my dear I do apologize.

 

Curly locks- Its true, you’ve made a place in my heart, let us go off and make a new start.

 

 

*the two walk to a nearby church, the bride and groom have heart attacks and die. The couple looks to the preacher and smile maniacally*

 

*preacher is now a zombie*

 

Preacher- do you, and do you, take one another, eternally true.

 

Curly locks- I do!

 

Crooked man- I do!

 

Preacher- Then may the both of you now depart, off to a new life, a new start.

 

*the two smile at each other, and he carries her away, past the bodies that now decay*

 

 

© 2013 chaotic katie


Author's Note

chaotic katie
Another assignment for drama class, we have to take nursery rhymes and make them into 10-15 minute movies.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice :D I love the twist.

Posted 11 Years Ago


chaotic katie

11 Years Ago

was going to do another one involving rock a bye baby. the strawberries and cream are a toxin that m.. read more
Simon Welsh

11 Years Ago

I love yr imagination :D
chaotic katie

11 Years Ago

haha thanks
Interesting... Wasn't expecting that! XD Good work. (;

Posted 11 Years Ago


chaotic katie

11 Years Ago

thanks
Crooked man- Sorry, but I was a bit taken by surprise, nobody ever talks to one as crooked as I. That made me laugh so hard lol. That crooked man! There were some very cheesy rhymes, but they fit with what you were trying to do perfectly. And the story made perfect sense, and I love how you fit zombies into it. This beats the original nursery rhymes by far.

Posted 11 Years Ago


chaotic katie

11 Years Ago

i think i might try to share both my film critic wizard of oz and this one on here but i think that .. read more
Alexander Rodgers

11 Years Ago

Lol that's hilarious! You should make a youtube account, that way it would be easier to share the vi.. read more
chaotic katie

11 Years Ago

i think i might :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2013
Last Updated on April 10, 2013

Author

chaotic katie
chaotic katie

Canton, OH



About
Greetings darling writers, allow me to explain a bit about myself. I started writing when I was 13 and fell in love with it. Over the years I have won 2 awards for it. I keep most of my old works pos.. more..

Writing