Humpty dumpty and what did i dream screenplay

Humpty dumpty and what did i dream screenplay

A Screenplay by chaotic katie

*in dreamland*

Humpty dumpty- we have had great fun my little friend, but I ask one favor of you. I don’t want to serve that old tyrant  until I finally crack. It’s harder and harder to make the mean old man smile or laugh. Give me your hand and pull me off this wall, and you’ll remember nothing, nothing at all.

 

*the little girl does so and humpty dumpty shatters to pieces moments after she wakes in her bed*

 

 

 

Little girl -*Original rhyme* What did I dream?, I do not know; The fragments fly like chaff.

Yet strange my mind was tickled so, I cannot help but laugh. 

 

 

*meanwhile, in dreamland*

Kings man 1- Humpty dumpty is in pieces! And none of the other kings men, can put him back together again!

Kings man 2- No, no, it cannot be so.

Kings man 1- Aye, but it is!

Kings man 2- do you think he’s fallen lad?

Kings man 1- No, I believe he was murdered. After all, he has one of the best jobs In the land, entertainment to the king, and it’s not that hard to push an egg off of a wall. Put it together lad!

Kings man 2- all the kings men have tried to, but they couldn’t, you said for yourself, they couldn’t put him together again.

Kings man 1- I don’t mean the body you snail brain, I mean the scenario

Kings man 2- well we have more important things to worry about, who is going to tell the king!

*the two begin to argue*

Kings general- how about both of you quit arguing and go tell him together!

*They nod and walk to the throne room*

 

 

 

King- Come my fellow men. I have a task for you!

*the men look at each other*

King- there was a young girl here last night, seeking entertainment from humpty dumpty. Find him! And bring him to me for lending his services to another for free.

Kings man 2- do you think the girl murdered him lad?

King- MURDERED! WHATS THIS ABOUT MURDER!

Kings man 1- we’re, sorry my lord, but we’re afraid  that this morning, we discovered poor humpty dumpty in pieces.

King- I want the girl, found and brought to trial.

*the men nod and dismiss themselves*

 

*the two kings men drag the little girl to the throne room*

Little girl- Let me go! Let me go!

King- we shall do no such thing until you confess to the murder of humpty dumpty.

Little girl- I know who he is, but I do not know how he was killed, I didn’t even know he had been killed. I barely remember meeting him.

King- If you do not remember, who is to say you did not do it?

Little girl- who is to say that I did?

King- FINE! We will settle this fairly, bring in the sorcerer!

*sorcerer enters*

King- read the child’s mind an tell us if she is the murderer of our friend humpty dumpty.

*sorcerer approaches the child, placing his hands on her head and closing his eyes*

Sorcerer- The child is innocent. Humpty dumpty tricked her into pulling him off the wall to his death, you see sire, he was not happy, he felt enslaved in tyranny.

King-so he finally cracked.

Sorcerer- I am afraid so sire.

King-  very well then, court is dismissed. I need to go to my chamber and ponder on how to be a better king.

*Sorcerer and little girl leave*

Kings man 2- good idea sire!

*king scowls at the man and walks away*

Kings man 1- don’t take it too hard lad, it’s a good start for him.

*they exit*

© 2013 chaotic katie


Author's Note

chaotic katie
please let me know of any mistakes and how you liked it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting. Nice work!! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


chaotic katie

11 Years Ago

thanks
Didn't really find any mistakes, so you're all good there. I thought it was really funny :). Poor Humpty dumpty, he never deserved to die xD

Posted 11 Years Ago


chaotic katie

11 Years Ago

right! i like the original teacher cuz he is really funny but this guy is way better and my drama te.. read more
Alexander Rodgers

11 Years Ago

Drama teacher's usually are, hell, most English teachers are :)
chaotic katie

11 Years Ago

and mine are my two favorites of all of my teachers

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 11, 2013
Last Updated on April 11, 2013

Author

chaotic katie
chaotic katie

Canton, OH



About
Greetings darling writers, allow me to explain a bit about myself. I started writing when I was 13 and fell in love with it. Over the years I have won 2 awards for it. I keep most of my old works pos.. more..

Writing