Deep Sleep

Deep Sleep

A Story by azberries
"

Being in love is something so confusing.

"

The trees towered over us like natural skyscrapers, and the wind whispered sweet lullabies as it gently caressed our motionless bodies. Dead in the leaves for almost an hour. There was a watercolor painting all around us, hugging our slow breathing bodies. Bright reds, yellows, and oranges swirled together and even now the leaves slowly dance to the ground from their high hanging mothers.

The only other time I’d seen a sky so blue was the time it was in his eyes. One day I saw the ocean in them, deep and dark. Another time I saw a field of green grass speckled with wildflowers. And once I looked over to see that the sunset and his eyes were one in the same. So there I lay paralyzed while looking at the sky and wondering if the sky was reflecting on him, or if he was the source of it all. And when I looked into his eyes I felt like my soul was being torn to shreds. But I never let people look into my eyes like I let him because it was the only place where I couldn’t hide my pain and he already knew it all.

The breeze tickled my skin and gave me chills on this cool Autumn day. The feeling is describable, unlike the feeling I felt when he touched me. Like a thousand matches lit underneath my skin but blown out the second he pulled away, and I hoped someday I might burn. Every moment he wasn’t touching me was torture, and my body pulsed and throbbed beneath the surface just yearning to burst into flames.

But the feeling of his lips against mine was something different. His lips painted a quiet shade of pink and smooth to touch like the surface of a slightly melted ice cube. The taste almost sweetly bitter, and warm like blood. And when they are pressed against mine, I can feel it everywhere like the moon came down to kiss me too. For just that moment it feels like our heartbeats aligned and maybe its because mine slowed down or his sped up.

© 2016 azberries


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on September 15, 2016
Last Updated on September 15, 2016

Author

azberries
azberries

CA



About
Mind doodles are often my only doodles more..

Writing
My purpose My purpose

A Poem by azberries


Shrinking Shrinking

A Poem by azberries