Letting Go

Letting Go

A Poem by Miss Dylan
"

A poem about letting go of all things negative that weigh you down

"

When letting go proves to be hard to do.
When letting go is something you can not do.
Let it all fade to the back of your mind
Let it all go rushing out from your body.
All that pain you hold in your heart, release it and
set it free.

You hold on to a past that is no longer there, for fear of
not having anything to hold on to.
Dwelling in the past will not save you from youurself.
It will only make you heavy unable to move on.

Step out of the shadows of yourself and ask the higher ups
for forgiveness because holding on to old wounds is never the answer.

© 2008 Miss Dylan


Author's Note

Miss Dylan
This was writen New Years Eve.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amen to that that. Slightly Buddhist but there's nothing wrong with that. The amount of time we dedicate to subliminal external approval is scary. We need more positive people like you on the planet.

May you fuse with a muse
Between the portal
Of the owl and the tiger
Panavisions of life
Morphing so slowly
While you dance with the tides
And caress the wind
Drinking herbal tea
Under a waterfall
With the oracle of delphi
Beneath a moonbeam tree


Imagedden


Posted 16 Years Ago


This is as if I am talking to my heart.

It is like an ocean of the most fearsome kind, ready to topple the faulty ships that have sailed through me for so long, with it's sailors, seamen and women blowing whistles from the top deck, acclaiming purpose and understanding, yet sailing toward shallow depths. I am not free yet; I forgot to disembark the ship well prepared and I have no food, no nourishment of the heart to see me through. I am desperate for my Oasis, but I know that it is there and it shall never come to me. I will find a way to detach my small life-boat from the burdensome tug of the heartless trawler and I shall try to smile at everyone who knows my struggle and who I know may, one day, see it within themselves to trust my smaller, but safer, vessel.

I can write forever, but I lost all my work so I am going to spend my time on here writing reviews and what you see is what has inspired me, so I hope it is sufficient as a review. Your work has touched my soul and that is where my Poetic spirit sits and awaits to pass on that precious gift of empathy.

Thank you so so much and please, if you see my review as inspiring in it's self, please let me know as I am only going to post work inspired by others on this site, directly, from this moment onwards, or collaborations. My personal writers existence is in recovery.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, miss Dylan.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

Miss Dylan
Miss Dylan

Los Angeles, CA



About
Hey what's up! I'm Miss Dylan and I am a aspiring screenwriter from the city of Angels. I have a passion for creating a world of my own in story form. I love the process of coming up with a character .. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Miss Dylan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..