The Prisoner

The Prisoner

A Story by Haydn Grace
"

A prisoner has been locked up for a long time and finally breaks free. Its a lot better than this description sounds.

"
The place I reside is cold, cold and dark. There is no happiness in this place. My teeth clash against one another, they feel like glass. My arms are twisted behind me trapped in a steely monster's grasp. If I struggle against his hold he grasps onto me tighter than before. The razors in his fists cut deeper into my wrists. The room is getting colder as more of my hope fades out of me. I tried to run once before, but it got me nowhere and a second beast was brought in to hold my feet. I'm starving, my belly is full of broken glass from my mouth. There is a door to my right, it can't be seen, I only know it is there because Liar comes in through there to make sure I haven't escaped. He won't let me leave this place because he is afraid I'll run and tell Her. I need to tell Her what happened, she needs me so badly. The pain she feels not knowing where I am reverberates through the walls and into my chest. She prays for me every night to come back, her prayers give me bursts of strength. I try to persuade Liar to let me go to Her, to com fort Her. Liar is ashamed to admit that he needs me to be released from here as well. The black secrets that turned him into Liar tell him that I'm not really here, that he is fine without me. I scream, so loud the monsters grip loosens as they reach to cover their ears. I scream once more and the door swings open, light comes flooding in and my voice knocks Liar to the ground. He won't know what to do now that I'm free. I have to go and find Her, to tell her everything. She has been waiting for me to come back for so long. I find her and she clings to me like a lost child, her joy floods out of her and wraps around us like a cocoon. "I've missed you Truth."

© 2014 Haydn Grace


Author's Note

Haydn Grace
Please let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

gud one buddy ..........keep writing........one thing i liked is your imagination power .........

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
1 Review
Added on April 24, 2014
Last Updated on April 24, 2014
Tags: truth, lies, prison, release, hope, freedom

Author

Haydn Grace
Haydn Grace

TX



About
I love to write as a way to get everything i want to say out and allow me to vent. writing is my therapy more..

Writing
The Broken The Broken

A Story by Haydn Grace