our last night

our last night

A Poem by jade sonder
"

i write so that i never forget

"
i remember our last night together. 
we were at krispy kreme and you looked down at your donut and said "this is the second most beautiful thing i've ever seen in my life" and when i asked what the first was you looked back up at me without saying anything as if i had just asked the question with the most obvious answer in the world.
we were on your roof drinking wine and talking about all of the things we never got the chance to do together. all of the things we still wanted to.
we were downtown dancing to our favorite song in front of the capital building. i climbed the wall but didn't feel the same butterflies i felt when i had done it on your birthday the year before.
we were at Benny's Pizza and i read aloud the list of your funniest quotes i had been keeping throughout our relationship. i couldn't get through it without breaking down.
we were back in your apartment and you handed me a bag full of my clothes and started to cry. i had been crying the entire time.
we were in your car in my parking garage telling each other that we loved each other for the last time. we both said it was for the best. i don't know if either of us believed it.

© 2019 jade sonder


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on December 24, 2019
Last Updated on December 24, 2019
Tags: breakup, romance, love, memories, sad

Author

jade sonder
jade sonder

Charlotte, NC



Writing
nine nine

A Poem by jade sonder


nature nature

A Poem by jade sonder