Welfare Drug Testing

Welfare Drug Testing

A Story by Father Mojo

Image


Congressman Trey Radel has been a vocal advocate of testing people on welfare for drugs to make sure they are clean before they can receive money. It turns out Trey Radel was on drugs the entire time he was blaming poor people who were not on drugs for being poor. There is a word for that: HYPOCRITE.


There is this mythology we have in America that people on welfare are poor black people, usually poor black women who are on drugs and making babies to get more money from the government to pay for their drugs. There is a myth that poor people use drugs at higher rates than the Middle Class and the wealthy.


Image

The fact is there are more poor white people on welfare than poor black people. The fact is that less than one percent of people who apply for welfare are on drugs. The fact is that as many, if not more, white people use crack than black people -- even though crack is viewed as an African-American drug. The fact is that the percentage of drug use is pretty much the same regardless of class or economic status -- as many if not more wealthy people are on drugs as poor people.


But what Congressman Trey Radel proves is that if we are going to test anyone before paying them, it should be Congress! Not only should Congress be tested regularly for drugs, but anyone found to be using drugs should be immediately expelled from Congress and prosecuted and sent to prison -- not rich person prison, but the same prisons to which they are more than happy to send poor people.


Congress and elected officials SHOULD NOT BE HELD TO THE SAME STANDARD as anyone else; They should be held to a higher standard -- the same higher standard to which clergy, teachers, and other professionals are held accountable.

Image


If I need to take a drug test to get a job, then you need a drug test to be in Congress or to be a C.E.O. that receives ANY government money!


Stop blaming poor people for ruining our economy! Our economy has been ruined by rich people blaming poor people for what the rich people were doing. And you're so stupid, you're listening to the rich guy on drugs (probably because he is white) who is blaming the poor person who is not (probably because you think he is black).


Since we expect wealth to "trickle down" from the top, then we should expect drug testing to trickle down from the top. Test the rich for drugs first! Test Congress first! Test the bosses first! Test those who run any corporation that received government money first! But then again, that is essentially the problem, isn't it? The poor have really lousy lobbyists.

© 2013 Father Mojo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

847 Views
Added on November 21, 2013
Last Updated on November 21, 2013
Tags: African American, Congress, Drug, Drug test, drug testing, Health, hypocrite, Middle Class, Trey Radel, United States, United States Congress, Welfare.

Author

Father Mojo
Father Mojo

Carneys Point, NJ



About
"I gave food to the poor and they called me a saint; I asked why the poor have no food and they called me a communist. --- Dom Helder Camara" LoveMyProfile.com more..

Writing
WINTER WINTER

A Poem by Father Mojo