Regret

Regret

A Poem by Baer

How dare you. You made me question everything I worked so hard to be okay with. You made me want to hide my past when everyone told me not to. You should have been supportive but instead you were toxic. Me telling you what happened to me was not a quick decision. It was one I pondered for nights when I couldn’t sleep. It was one where my anxiety was telling me not to but my logic was telling me yes. When I trusted you with my story it meant something to me It meant that I was comfortable with you. It means that I wanted you to feel closer to me and see behind the mask I wear in public. But instead of taking all those things and being who I needed you to be in that moment, you crushed me. You took all my fears and made them a reality. You made me go back in the hole I worked so hard to get out of. You broke me. And now? You’re still the same person and I’m Turing my life upside down to find the cracks in my never ending tornado that is my life. By you saying that me telling you my story puts “a strain on my relationship” breaks down everything I have put up. You saying that turned my confidence into anxieties. So while you sleep well tonight, ill be thinking about how its MY FAULT that I put that strain you speak of on our relationship. 

© 2017 Baer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on October 23, 2017
Last Updated on October 23, 2017

Author

Baer
Baer

Writing
Alone Alone

A Poem by Baer


Life Sentence Life Sentence

A Poem by Baer


A New Day A New Day

A Poem by Baer