My Special Place

My Special Place

A Story by Countryman47
"

Times of Trouble in America

"

There is a place I go when I want to be alone and just think,brilliant blue sky,puffy white clouds and always a warm breeze on my face.The birds seem to sing in harmony as if they are welcoming me.In my special place I try to make sense of a world so different from my childhood.So much pain and suffering that should not be when did we become what we are now?Over 50 years ago we were a land of milk and honey,all was well we were happy.

I do not recognize our home now,as each day passes the reality of what we will become is ever more apparent.A dysfunctional government has lead to the world powers just waiting for us to reach the final stumbling block to be easy prey to over throw.Will America be communist,socialist or something entirely different?The wheels of change are now in motion.I doubt whoever may be elected will be our salvation or vehicle of change.

In fighting promotes revolution.Everything you see from Terrorism to bathroom use,is keeping internal upheaval fueled,and distracts us all from what is really happening.it will take unity to stop the damnation we may soon be facing,but we have lived with tyrants and liars so long that it has become merely par for the course,we accept it like lambs to slaughter and say nothing,there is no desire for unity any longer.

I read a church sign on the road,no God,no peace,Know God,Know Peace.Generations now will choose the former in every decision.Generation X is the most self centered,uncaring generation I have ever had the misfortune to know.They are indeed the Biblical Den of Vipers.If you go back in time,Rome,Egypt,Babylon all fell beginning from internal strife.A nation is only as strong as its leaders and Military,our Nation is sadly lacking in both.

I ponder and think but I find no solutions.It is like the timer is ticking off the minutes to self destruct.If this generation had the values and morals of the Greatest generation and Baby Boomers,there would be hope,heck ,there would be no problems to solve.There is nothing wrong with the world,it is eternal,the problem is the people living on.I know there will never again be Milk and Honey and the alternative is of great concern to me,because the ones that follow after me will be left to deal with it.

Perhaps I worry too much about things I cant change,but I love this Country,it has been good to me, the bad, I have had most I brought on myself.May God Bless You Grand Old Lady and when the worry becomes to strong,I will always have my special place for retreat.We all have one,it lives in our heart.

© 2016 Countryman47


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on June 17, 2016
Last Updated on June 17, 2016
Tags: story, hope