Twilight

Twilight

A Story by Countryman47
"

Did I make a difference?

"
Twilight
I lift my eyes to the heavens and see the sun slowly setting on the twilight of my years.I cant help but wonder,did I make a difference in my time here.Like most,I have lived 2 lives.In my youth my only concerns were living my life my way and finding pleasure wherever I could.Sewing my wild oats took precedence in my life.The mistakes and bad decisions I made were many,but I didn't need anyone or anything to help me down the path of life, I was determined to do it my way.

I knew God in my youth but I had put him in the deep,dark recesses of my mind while young.But now,I realize the comedy of errors that was my youth has become nothing more than a lot of things I wish I could change,but I cant, it is the past,done and over with.It seems that God gives us all the chance to play the part of the prodigal son,which I did to the fullest.

Now when I look in the mirror,I see the boy and young man of my youth has become also unrecognizable,it is replaced with grey hair and wrinkles and my body is filled with the pains of old age.My time is now counted in days not years any longer.I now place God on the throne in my mind,and looking back I see he has always been there for me,Blessing me and protecting me,even in my youth.

I try to live my life now as he would want me to live,I can only hope my decision did not come too late,but I will only know when the Book Of Life is opened and I am judged.So did I make a difference?Perhaps not to the world,my name will not go down in History,nor will my deeds be forever remembered,but importance should not be placed on worldly things,they are unimportant.

If I can only be remembered as loving my family and others in the twilight years,then my legacy is complete.The wisdom of age teaches that what you leave behind in fond memories is so much more meaningful than worldly possessions.I know that God will judge me by the works of my heart not my hands.If this will hold true,then I guess I did make a difference after all.

Make a difference,God Bless

© 2016 Countryman47


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on June 21, 2016
Last Updated on June 21, 2016
Tags: story, short